Jump to content

Oldest chandlery shop to close ...


Cheese
 Share

Featured Posts

It really doesnt have a place in the Central London high street any more, having supplied lines to Arctic explorers was nice business while it lasted but the options for retail choice are slightly larger now than they were in those glorious olden days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Slim said:

Can't open link but suspect it's O M Watts

I was wrong. Does anyone know if O M Watts is still in business.?

 

 

Very much so

 

Captain Watts Yacht Supplies & Chandlery

 

We are open for online,  trade counter and for click & collect orders. We have our full range of chandlery, clothing, boat maintenance equipment and marine electronics available for online orders for UK delivery. Our Churchstow Trade Counter is open from 12th April 2021 between 0900 & 1700 Monday to Friday.

 

 

And the London Shop also :

 

Captain O.M. Watts of London (franceinlondon.com)

 

 

Captain O.M. Watts, London, W1S 4LD (businessmagnet.co.uk)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

 

 

Very much so

 

Captain Watts Yacht Supplies & Chandlery

 

We are open for online,  trade counter and for click & collect orders. We have our full range of chandlery, clothing, boat maintenance equipment and marine electronics available for online orders for UK delivery. Our Churchstow Trade Counter is open from 12th April 2021 between 0900 & 1700 Monday to Friday.

 

 

And the London Shop also :

 

Captain O.M. Watts of London (franceinlondon.com)

 

 

Captain O.M. Watts, London, W1S 4LD (businessmagnet.co.uk)

Good. I used love wandering around there in my lunchtime. Buy the odd shackle or two so I wasn't arrested as a squatter. ☺️ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, matty40s said:

It really doesnt have a place in the Central London high street any more, having supplied lines to Arctic explorers was nice business while it lasted but the options for retail choice are slightly larger now than they were in those glorious olden days.

It's not ideally sited for marine, however, due to the overlap with rope and rigging, Beales thrived within the theatre industry, and, at the heart of the west end has been a very handy go to chandlers and ironmongers when shows are being installed and you need that "something" at short notice.

  • Greenie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, stagedamager said:

It's not ideally sited for marine, however, due to the overlap with rope and rigging, Beales thrived within the theatre industry, and, at the heart of the west end has been a very handy go to chandlers and ironmongers when shows are being installed and you need that "something" at short notice.

Indeed.....a bit like losing Maplins which was always handy when having a "whoops" moment and a show needed to be ready....I bet some riggers & flymen will be muttering even more than normal now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.