Oldest chandlery shop to close ...

Cheese

Featured Posts

It really doesnt have a place in the Central London high street any more, having supplied lines to Arctic explorers was nice business while it lasted but the options for retail choice are slightly larger now than they were in those glorious olden days.

6 minutes ago, Slim said:

Can't open link but suspect it's O M Watts

I was wrong. Does anyone know if O M Watts is still in business.?

Very much so

Captain Watts Yacht Supplies & Chandlery

We are open for online,  trade counter and for click & collect orders. We have our full range of chandlery, clothing, boat maintenance equipment and marine electronics available for online orders for UK delivery. Our Churchstow Trade Counter is open from 12th April 2021 between 0900 & 1700 Monday to Friday.

And the London Shop also :

Captain O.M. Watts of London (franceinlondon.com)

Captain O.M. Watts, London, W1S 4LD (businessmagnet.co.uk)

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Very much so

Captain Watts Yacht Supplies & Chandlery

We are open for online,  trade counter and for click & collect orders. We have our full range of chandlery, clothing, boat maintenance equipment and marine electronics available for online orders for UK delivery. Our Churchstow Trade Counter is open from 12th April 2021 between 0900 & 1700 Monday to Friday.

And the London Shop also :

Captain O.M. Watts of London (franceinlondon.com)

Captain O.M. Watts, London, W1S 4LD (businessmagnet.co.uk)

Good. I used love wandering around there in my lunchtime. Buy the odd shackle or two so I wasn't arrested as a squatter. ☺️ 

54 minutes ago, matty40s said:

It really doesnt have a place in the Central London high street any more, having supplied lines to Arctic explorers was nice business while it lasted but the options for retail choice are slightly larger now than they were in those glorious olden days.

It's not ideally sited for marine, however, due to the overlap with rope and rigging, Beales thrived within the theatre industry, and, at the heart of the west end has been a very handy go to chandlers and ironmongers when shows are being installed and you need that "something" at short notice.

• Greenie 2

8 hours ago, stagedamager said:

It's not ideally sited for marine, however, due to the overlap with rope and rigging, Beales thrived within the theatre industry, and, at the heart of the west end has been a very handy go to chandlers and ironmongers when shows are being installed and you need that "something" at short notice.

Indeed.....a bit like losing Maplins which was always handy when having a "whoops" moment and a show needed to be ready....I bet some riggers & flymen will be muttering even more than normal now!