Social media abuse is a criminal offence

LadyG

Featured Posts

Stalking is a criminal offence and being abusive and obsessive title tatting is a complete pia, there are so many nasty people on here it's beyond unreal. Folks think boating is fun, well I can tell you some people on here need to zip their lips. 

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 2
  • Unimpressed 2
  • Angry 2

4 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Stalking is a criminal offence and being abusive and obsessive title tatting is a complete pia, there are so many nasty people on here it's beyond unreal. Folks think boating is fun, well I can tell you some people on here need to zip their lips. 

You could alway stop reading?

17 minutes ago, LadyG said:

What exactly is your point? If you don’t like someone or find them offensive then block them or stop posting.

There are a few on here who seem to enjoy playing the victim so much it doesn’t ring true. 

21 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Been on the bottle again ?

Have you considered the 12 step plan - it may help not be quite so obnoxious

Their head office is not so far away from now you are in Lincoln (they are at Market Rasen), give them a call, they could maybe help you.

(Frithden House, Main Rd, Benniworth, Market Rasen LN8 6JW, but there are local meetings)

When its clear somebody has a problem why do people feel the need to pile on the agony?

Just dont respond, which ironically is what people are suggesting LadyG does.

Perhaps heed your own advice people?

Edited by The Happy Nomad

59 minutes ago, LadyG said:

You’ve only been on the canals what 18 month? You’ve never seemed to have enjoyed being on them or owning a boat. So why are you still doing it? You need to take a hard look in the mirror and ask yourself if you made the right decision? 
Please just be honest with yourself.

Edited by PD1964

I won't be back. Just look at posts by wanker  PDsomething,  someone who obsesses , who has never met me, but who goes around talking about who I am, what I do, it's just beyond normal.

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, mark99 said:

You could alway stop reading?

I get complaints if I ignore the regular abusers, so I promised to read everything on one particular post, so all I got was abuse from those I have on ignore. Nothing that could be helpfull  just abuse.

I don't know why these people even exist, the planet would be better wthout them. You note that I rarely name names, but that idiot PD is typical, what he thinks he is doing other than being a complete prick is beyond me. The others who posted are those who know I have them on ignore, but they don't like being ignored.

Obviously one of these people wil report the post,nand I will be bsnned for life, that's a relief. :)

Edited by LadyG

44 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I won't be back. Just look at posts by wanker  PDsomething,  someone who obsesses , who has never met me, but who goes around talking about who I am, what I do, it's just beyond normal.

Have you got the correct member this time Jo?  You have fallen out with and reported the wrong one before ...

@Chagall has opinions on this topic!

2 minutes ago, Ange said:

I feel deeply uncomfortable about the bullying that has taken place. Lady G may not help her cause but it does feel that there's a feeding frenzy on a vulnerable old lady.

If you're happy to do that carry on. It is noticeable that certain posters follow Lady G, ridicule her at every opportunity.

Is kindness so difficult,? For crying out loud did that lady kill someone? Did she hurt someone? No she pissed you off, that's all.

It'd be good if the feeding frenzy stopped

I haven’t seen any bullying on the forum. Some seem to cry bullying when any opinion that challenges their own is proffered. 

Just think about it, does being kind to someone really hurt me? Now think, is it possible that being unkind might tip someone over the edge? How would you feel if that person that you were unkind to killed themselves?

Wouldn't it be better not to take that risk?

21 minutes ago, frangar said:

I haven’t seen any bullying on the forum. Some seem to cry bullying when any opinion that challenges their own is proffered. 

If you take a counter view and explain it in a calm, logical and reasonable manner it’s not (normally) bullying, but if you start attacking the person it (normally) is.  As my mother would say to me, “it’s better to say nothing than be nasty, so stop”.

added - to be clear there is occasional bullying and it’s not necessary.

Edited by Chewbacka
  • Greenie 3

1 minute ago, frangar said:

Someone will always be offended by something. The forum doesn’t need to become some saccharin place where we aren’t allowed to challenge a point of view. 

I'm perfectly happy for you to challenge my view Gareth, but there's no need to be so nasty 

Are you incapable of a civilized discussion? Every time I've tried to talk to you you've attacked me, that's not debate

Just now, Ange said:

I'm perfectly happy for you to challenge my view Gareth, but there's no need to be so nasty 

Are you incapable of a civilized discussion? Every time I've tried to talk to you you've attacked me, that's not debate

My case in point!! Where have I attacked you? I am discussing posts in general and immediately you think it’s about you. Amazingly it wasn’t. It was how some…and I will include you here…interpret any post that might not align with how they see life. If we stop all these posts that might by some slight margin offend someone then the forum becomes a slush. 

And I have to admit I'm fearful nowadays of posting. I am very unwell, this used to be a place where I communicated with friends.

I'm leaving this conversation, so sad my beloved forum has become a place I can't visit any more ???

I'm very sad, I had so many friends on the forum. I'm too poorly to have the same person attack me every time I post.

I feel sorry for him.

• Sad 1

I'm always happy to engage in discussion with someone who has a different view but I've been stung to the point that I can't respond to the pure spite that Gareth spits. I'll be having a perfectly civilized discussion and then he'll wade in with a pile of nastiness, unable to debate with someone who disagrees with his view point.

• Unimpressed 1

Just because you think that do you need to say it? Are you being cruel? Is it possible you might tip that person over the edge?

Is it really so hard to be kind, and when did being kind become woke?

If you use the terms snowflake and woke you really need to look at yourself.

Be kind.

7 minutes ago, Ange said:

I'm always happy to engage in discussion with someone who has a different view but I've been stung to the point that I can't respond to the pure spite that Gareth spits. I'll be having a perfectly civilized discussion and then he'll wade in with a pile of nastiness, unable to debate with someone who disagrees with his view point.

What!!?? Where I have posted pure spite??!  I’m actually rather miffed you think that. I’ve commented on how posters take some things to heart…but why is that spite?  I’ll leave others to decide. ?

35 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

If you take a counter view and explain it in a calm, logical and reasonable manner it’s not (normally) bullying, but if you start attacking the person it (normally) is.  As my mother would say to me, “it’s better to say nothing than be nasty, so stop”.

added - to be clear there is occasional bullying and it’s not necessary.

The only place on here I’ve ever seen anything that I would consider might be close to bullying is the political board and even then it’s just robust views being exchanged…and easily avoided if you keep away from that area. 

Please let’s not go back to how we were a few years ago when bans were handed out if you said slightly the wrong thing…hence thunder boat behind set up and a lot of interesting posters leaving. 

We can all take offence at something…but as adults you learn to either ignore or reply as you see fit.