i give in !!

crosser

Featured Posts

34 minutes ago, crosser said:

never thought selling my little boat would be so stressful...  so many idiots and timewasters...   its going on brokerage as dont need the stress....   rant over....

That is exactly why we used a broker to sell. That and the fact we were nearly an hour and a half away if we had sold it from it's mooring.

Yes it cost us, but well worth it to us.

Selling anything where you have to interact with the general public shreds your spirit and boils your secretions.

Even more so when it involves them insulting you on your own home ground.

When they start sucking their teeth and sarcastically disrespecting what you're selling, you as a vendor, your ancestors and future heirs is the time I heartily agree with them.

I join in with the criticism, tell them they haven't spotted the worst of it and that my Great, Great, Great Uncle was transported for being violent against potential customers.  I then refuse to discuss it further with them, as my conscience wouldn't allow me.

• Haha 1

im only 10 mins from the boat so not to bad but fed up with the amount of people i take time out to show the boat to and they say its abit small...   its 23ft and plenty of pics...  

31 minutes ago, crosser said:

never thought selling my little boat would be so stressful...  so many idiots and timewasters...   its going on brokerage as dont need the stress....   rant over....

Idiots and timewasters come with the territory.

Sold a boat and several motorbikes on e bay with no trouble with the bike selling,but the boat!!

Several dreamers with no money,and a couple of wide boys looking for a cheap bargain,did eventually sell it at a low price and then had to pay a hefty e bay fee!

Won't use e bay again to sell my boat.

We thought it would be a lot of hassle selling our boat privately but it actually turned out to be pretty easy. We only showed one potential buyer around the boat but ended up with three very good offers on the table almost straight away. In the end it sold for over asking price with no survey to a guy who had never seen it. Suited us.

We will go down the private sale route again when the time comes to sell the van. Although I can't see that being for a long time to come yet :lol:

3 minutes ago, Bee said:

Sold my old boat years ago. Buyer insisted the engine in it was a BMC 2.2  Told the bloke it was a 2.5 Told him I'd partially rebuilt it and it was a 2.5 He told me I was wrong and didn't know what I was talking about. If he hadn't been such an ass I would have told him about the crack in the block but he obviously knew much more than me so I didn't.

:clapping:

I do hope that's a true story.

9 minutes ago, Bee said:

Sold my old boat years ago. Buyer insisted the engine in it was a BMC 2.2  Told the bloke it was a 2.5 Told him I'd partially rebuilt it and it was a 2.5 He told me I was wrong and didn't know what I was talking about. If he hadn't been such an ass I would have told him about the crack in the block but he obviously knew much more than me so I didn't.

It does make me wonder how people think being a complete arse is a good way to get what they want.

thats brilliant !!!   the first viewer brought a marine engineer to look at the boat... he put his hand in the water and said boat hasnt been fully overplated, just the sides... i said no its fully overplated inc swim etc...  but he insisted...   so said he wants 3k off as will need doing again in a few years time...   at that point i really knew it was the start of things to come....  he didnt want to hear her run as he could rebuild the engine in a day anyway....   what a complete ass....   how brokers put up with this crap is beyond me...  

5 minutes ago, crosser said:

thats brilliant !!!   the first viewer brought a marine engineer to look at the boat... he put his hand in the water and said boat hasnt been fully overplated, just the sides... i said no its fully overplated inc swim etc...  but he insisted...   so said he wants 3k off as will need doing again in a few years time...   at that point i really knew it was the start of things to come....  he didnt want to hear her run as he could rebuild the engine in a day anyway....   what a complete ass....   how brokers put up with this crap is beyond me...  

Difference is they are getting paid, some would say quite handsomely, to endure it.

13 hours ago, sueb said:

Selling our car to a dealer, who said he had always wanted one for his own use was our highlight. It had a baked bean can as an exhaust.

Merry quips about exhaust gases spring to mind.

On 14/05/2021 at 12:49, crosser said:

im only 10 mins from the boat so not to bad but fed up with the amount of people i take time out to show the boat to and they say its abit small...   its 23ft and plenty of pics...  

That's your mistake ?. You should have said 7.01 metres.

Good luck with the sale.

• Haha 2

On 14/05/2021 at 13:23, tree monkey said:

It does make me wonder how people think being a complete arse is a good way to get what they want.

Being a complete arse is not a temporary choice to get what they want - it's a lifestyle!

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, crosser said:

so so happy....   deposit taken on first viewer...  taking without survey so even quicker....    will miss the old boy but new boat new chapter...   cant wait

Happy for you - that seems to be the way its done 'these days'.

Snooze and you lose - remember that when you come to buy a new one.