Explains my electrical system which is like no other

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Google = Goole where the previous owner of the boat is and where Lady G was moored for many months, and her first 5 electricians were trialled.

perhaps electricians should be required to pass the ladygee test before they're allowed on a boat.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chagall said:

Yes I realised that, my humour is so often far too dry! ... and obviously not funny at al! 

I found it funny, particularly as my first thought was that your autocorrect must be missing "Goole".

• Greenie 1

30 minutes ago, Chagall said:

To be fair there was a pandemic lockdown at the time.

Not true. She bought the boat well before the first lockdown ?

23 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Google = Goole where the previous owner of the boat is and where Lady G was moored for many months, and her first 5 electricians were trialled.

Have any of the 5 electricians ever been seen again ?

What happened in the past happened. No ifs, buts, whys etc will change that. The important thing is that between the new electrician, Tony and Joe there's a chance of things getting sorted now. But important information is likely to get overlooked if people keep asking questions on this thread about the past.

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, DaveandDebby said:

What happened in the past happened. No ifs, buts, whys etc will change that. The important thing is that between the new electrician, Tony and Joe there's a chance of things getting sorted now. But important information is likely to get overlooked if people keep asking questions on this thread about the past.

Its conversation, if LG wants the information it is still here to read.  

15 minutes ago, Chagall said:

Its conversation, if LG wants the information it is still here to read.  

She might not be posting but she is still reading - last logged in 28 minutes ago.

Hopefully the information will help her to ask the sparky the correct questions.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

She might not be posting but she is still reading - last logged in 28 minutes ago.

Hopefully the information will help her to ask the sparky the correct questions.

That's why she and Tony have been talking, and why Joe's information will be so useful.

3 minutes ago, Chagall said:

However, It would seem she would rather trust to asking questions on Thunderboat now though. 

I don't blame her.

8 minutes ago, DaveandDebby said:

That's why she and Tony have been talking, and why Joe's information will be so useful.

I don't blame her.

She keeps switching sides. Hated it there not so long ago ?

People make their own way in life. Ms G had nothing but trouble with the flat, nothing but trouble with the yacht and now nothing but trouble with the sewer tube! 

Some have far more hassle than others in life.

Most times you reep what you sow.

• Greenie 2

7 hours ago, tree monkey said:

I don't care enough to make the effort I'm afraid, the greeny thing is a nice way to acknowledge someone post for some reason and if someone feels the need to post an angry react so be it, beyond that meh, it doesn't keep me awake at night anyway

I use green up arrow as 'I agree and nothing much else to say'

• Greenie 1

14 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

She keeps switching sides. Hated it there not so long ago ?

People make their own way in life. Ms G had nothing but trouble with the flat, nothing but trouble with the yacht and now nothing but trouble with the sewer tube! 

Some have far more hassle than others in life.

Most times you reep what you sow.

many a true word was spoken in jest.   :clapping:

more than a wee bit can tank 'r' us perrappse  ?     :unsure:

Edited by Murflynn

On 16/05/2021 at 09:03, Athy said:

You make a good point, and indeed they show that Lady G is very popular and that you are even more so.

I must raise the point about negative marks counting as greenoes with the management, thanks for pointing that out.

I never really know how to use the greenie key correctly or how it's counted. I tend to award one whenever someone give me a direct piece of advice. In my mind I'm not saying that that person is popular, it's just good manners. On a car forum I visit there's a 'thanks' key, far more precise. ? 

3 minutes ago, Slim said:

I never really know how to use the greenie key correctly or how it's counted. I tend to award one whenever someone give me a direct piece of advice. In my mind I'm not saying that that person is popular, it's just good manners. On a car forum I visit there's a 'thanks' key, far more precise. ? 

We all use it in our own ways and for our own reasons. The giving of good advice is, for me, one of those reasons.

When a post has attracted five or more greenoes, a flag saying "Popular post" appears at the top of it, so there's evidently a connection with popularity.

There was a post some way back that the previous owner of the boat was an electrician. Like a lot of tradesmen, perhaps his wiring was a bit eccentric? I have seen some heating systems installed by qualified heating engineers in their own homes and they can be best described as unnecessarily over complicated.

I remember Stirling Moss' house where every room had a motorised valve turning the heating on and off energised by passive IR sensors.

6 hours ago, restlessnomad said:

now I need to know who are the most unpopular members here... and follow them :)

'ccording to your greenie count ratio of 68% you are one of the most popular and Athy at 3% is one of the least.   Her Honourableship only comes in at 18% which is pretty poor.   Even humble little me comes in at 37%.

how about that then ?   B)

Edited by Murflynn

4 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

'ccording to your greenie count ratio of 68% you are one of the most popular and Athy at 3% is one of the least.  

athy's greenies must be before he became mod coz I cant give him any.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Murflynn said:

'ccording to your greenie count ratio of 68% you are one of the most popular and Athy at 3% is one of the least.   Her Honourableship only comes in at 18% which is pretty poor.   Even humble little me comes in at 37%.

aww,  I feel good about it for a moment... 

but then I always thought I have the most original and controversial opinion :) , should try harder, what is @Justin Smith's stat?