Flooding again oop North?

matty40s

Featured Posts

Bloody 'orrible driving down the M1 this evening through Yorkshire and Derbyshire, with violent rain, amazingly bright lightening strikes and hailstones coming down on the car like ball bearings.

In the first hailstorm you could see a layer of hailstones across the carriageway, and I lifted my right foot off the accelerator to slow down gently, as a lunatic passed me at about 80. Just after he passed me, his brake lights lit up and his back end started waving all over the road, and I was amazed he didn't lose it altogether, before he too slowed down to 30mph like everyone else.

My lawn seems to be enjoying the regular rainfall after the April drought. Otherwise  it's not been  a great month so far  in terms of weather.

Lets hope for more settled weather later in the month.

• Greenie 2

1 minute ago, MartynG said:

My lawn seems to be enjoying the regular rainfall after the April drought. Otherwise  it's not been  a great month so far  in terms of weather.

Lets hope for more settled weather later in the month.

Ours too. The grass is actually green on our frontage again now!!

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Ours too. The grass is actually green on our frontage again now!!

I have  left the mower on a high setting  as my lawn was new turf earlier in the year . By comparison with my neighbours (who had cut their lawns short)  the high mower setting helped the lawn cope  with the April drought .  

• Greenie 1

31 minutes ago, MartynG said:

I have  left the mower on a high setting  as my lawn was new turf earlier in the year . By comparison with my neighbours (who had cut their lawns short)  the high mower setting helped the lawn cope  with the April drought .  

Don't let the grass get too long, or you'll have to load the blunderbuss for elephant before venturing in to the garden. ?

45 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Does it cut the grass without damaging your mushroom vents?

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

Dry warm with sunny periods all day yesterday up here in Cumbria.

Similar here, with just a light shower. I was able to give the back lawn an overdue tonsure. We did have extensive rain last Saturday; perhaps it has worked its way up North.

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

Similar here, with just a light shower. I was able to give the back lawn an overdue tonsure. We did have extensive rain last Saturday; perhaps it has worked its way up North.

Oh we had rain on Saturday as well. In fact we have had rain every day this month I think. Perhaps it is making up for the very dry April we had?

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, Athy said:

It has indeed!

Most of the Calder and Hebble is on red.?

• Greenie 1