Bromsgrove Boat Builders

Steve C.

Featured Posts

I am new to boating and recently acquired a 45' narrowboat built by the above named company in 1996. I understand from reading other posts that this company is no longer trading but I would like to find out more about the original build if possible.  I read some other posts about this company earlier but now can't find them!

One contributor stated that he had worked on boats made by that company and that he may have some photo's/ information about them.  I would be interested in getting in touch with him ......if anyone can help I would be very grateful.  The boat is called 'Summertime'. 

Thanks.

Hi Rob, yes that's the thread.....I hadn't noticed that it was from 2009!   Anyhow , it would appear that 'Nightwatch' may have been built `by the same builder as 'Summertime'.  I will contact the other person mentioned re-photo's or information available relating to my boat,

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

There is something that probably needs to be resolved here as to what Bromsgrove Boat Builders did.

The previous thread mentions company house details and the present occupier of the trading estate No 11 is Project Associates Ltd

The bankruptcy goes back to 1991.

Company Number: 2515272. Name of Company: HOLDSTRONG LIMITED (t/a Bromsgrove Boat Builders). Nature of Business: Boat Builders. Type of Liquidation: Creditors. Address of Registered Office: 141 Great Charles Street, Birmingham B3 3LG. Liquidator's Name'and Address: James Anthony McCann, Poppleton & Appleby, 141 Great Charles Street, Birmingham B3 3LG. Office Holder Number: 002237. Date of Appointment: 16th December 1992. By whom Appointed: Members and Creditors.

London Gazette 30 Nov  1992

Final Meetings

BROMSGROVE BOAT BUILDERS LIMITED

A Final Meeting of Creditors of the above-named Company has been summoned by the Liquidator for the purpose of having an account laid before them by the Liquidator (pursuant to section 106 of the Insolvency Act 1986), showing the manner in which the winding-up of the said Company has been conducted and the property of the Company disposed of, and of hearing any explanation that may be given by the Liquidator, and also of determining the manner in which the books, accounts and documents of the Company and of the Liquidator shall be disposed of. The Meeting will be held at No. 1 St. Swithin Street, Worcester WR1 2PY, on 6th January 2000, at 10.30 a.m. N. F. Hickling, Liquidator Smith & Williamson, No. 1 St. Swithin Street, Worcester WR1 2PY. 30th November 1999.

London Gazette 6 Nov 1999