Aldi Special 23.8" FHD Caravan TV - £139.99

Jennifer McM

Featured Posts

Aldi has a special on line.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/23-8"-fhd-caravan-tv/p/711802451072800

This 23.8" FHD Caravan TV will be the perfect addition to any room. With breathtakingly sharp 16:9 images, a built-in HD DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 tuner and HDMI input for external devices, this USB and HDMI compatible TV can easily be wall mounted, whether it's in the kitchen, kid's bedroom or even your caravan, so you can make your home away from home yours.

Contents
  • 1 x Full HD Caravan TV
  • 1 x Stand including screws
  • 1 x Remote Control (batteries included)
  • 1 x AV adaptor
  • 1 x YUV adaptor
  • Instruction Manual
  • Warranty Card
Features
  • 12V DC In connector
  • Simple wall mounting thanks to VESA standard
  • 1920 x 1080px resolution
  • Breathtakingly sharp 16:9 images
  • Built-in HD DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 tuner
  • HDMI input
  • Integrated media player
  • Parental supervision function
  • Sleep timer
  • Wall mountable
  • Compatible with USB and HDMI
Guarantee/Warranty
3 years

We have never found the cheap 12v TVs to have very good viewing angles, picture quality or sound quality.

They never quite cut the mustard and we got rid of several off the boat. 

For the van we have decided to buy once and buy right so have gone for an Avtex. Not cheap but the picture quality, sound quality and viewing angle are really quite good for a small TV.

• Greenie 2

5 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

We have never found the cheap 12v TVs to have very good viewing angles, picture quality or sound quality.

They never quite cut the mustard and we got rid of several off the boat. 

For the van we have decided to buy once and buy right so have gone for an Avtex. Not cheap but the picture quality, sound quality and viewing angle are really quite good for a small TV.

My experience is the direct opposite. We had a 12volt TV from Richer Sounds which cost £79 , It was sold as ideal for use in a caravan or boat and it was brilliant. We hardly ever even needed to connect the TV aerial and when we did the magnetic base taxi radio aerial usually sufficed. Some while later inherited an almost brand new top of the range TV and fitted that as an altrnative, it was rubbish by comparison and the old cheap one was re-installed.

Edited by David Schweizer

We have just replaced our Cello TV with a more expensive Avtex. The Cello we placed in a suitable place in the waste compound at Banbury with a notice stating an issue with the Ariel socket. I doubt it’s still there. Otherwise nowt wrong with it. The new telly is so much better quality, picture and sound.

• Greenie 1

28 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

We have just replaced our Cello TV with a more expensive Avtex. The Cello we placed in a suitable place in the waste compound at Banbury with a notice stating an issue with the Ariel socket. I doubt it’s still there. Otherwise nowt wrong with it. The new telly is so much better quality, picture and sound.

I got rid of a Cello TV as the sound was so appallingly 'tinny' I couldn't listen to it any more and replaced it with an Aldi one a couple of years or so ago- similar to that on offer now, but perhaps a little smaller. I'm very happy with it. The sound is much better though all these small TVs would be better with external speakers.

I've got one (or one very similar) still in it's box somewhere in the house. I think it's been powered up twice. The sound is total rubbish and the picture not much better. I could connect it to a sound bar but that defeats the purpose of a 12v set. 

31 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

We have a Ferguson 24" 12v, pic and functions good (not smart and has only one HDMI input) but the sound is the let down, anyone use a soundbar and know what connections they need?

I run my house TV through a soundbar and it can be connected one of three ways. Optical cable when TV needs an optical output, Bluetooth which results in a loss of sync between sound and picture and a direct connection between TV and bar using the headphone output (which cuts out the TV speakers). Assuming that your TV has a headphone socket (seemingly TVs went through a period when this was omitted) that would be the easiest route to follow. Obviously the bar itself needs powering.

Edited by Slim
  • Greenie 2

1 hour ago, Nightwatch said:

We were initially sceptical about buying the Avtex because they are so expensive, but are glad that we did now.

It is certainly worth the extra money if the budget allows.

• Greenie 1

42 minutes ago, Bugsworth Tippler said:

I got rid of a Cello TV as the sound was so appallingly 'tinny' I couldn't listen to it any more and replaced it with an Aldi one a couple of years or so ago- similar to that on offer now, but perhaps a little smaller. I'm very happy with it. The sound is much better though all these small TVs would be better with external speakers.

Have a Cello tv in my boat,and agree about the "tinny"sound quality.Picture is ok though.It does need an auxilliary speaker,but I havn't bothered as I only usually switch on for the news and put subtitles on.

On 12/05/2021 at 09:41, Hudds Lad said:

We have a Ferguson 24" 12v, pic and functions good (not smart and has only one HDMI input) but the sound is the let down, anyone use a soundbar and know what connections they need?

Pretty sure Ferguson now made by Cello

32 minutes ago, blackrose said:

I've got a 21" Finlux 12v TV for when I'm out and about. 

Our Finlux had great problems playing DVDs. Was repaired by them once then a replacement at half price but still had same problems

Cello crap sound and poor viewing angle.

Now have Avtex. Great set.

Worst viewing angle we ever had on a small TV was an Alba with built in DVD from Argos.

Any deviation from looking at it almost directly head on was pointless.

One to avoid.

The Hitachi that replaced it is miles better. It seems they can make telleys but not trains.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

Using a laptop, to view the Aldi site; I was wondering if they could fit any more information strips onto the screen, as I could still see the lower line of products in the display. I'm really keen on sites that display lots of public information and make you view their products through a letter box. Does that rate as a pathetic whinge.? Is it only me that gets annoyed?