nearest crane to hallingbury marina

crosser

Featured Posts

hi all...   thinking of buying a boat thats moored in hallingbury marina but need it craning out and transported by road to gayton where i am based..  anyone know the nearest place where it can be craned onto a lorry?  thanks

8 minutes ago, crosser said:

hi all...   thinking of buying a boat thats moored in hallingbury marina but need it craning out and transported by road to gayton where i am based..  anyone know the nearest place where it can be craned onto a lorry?  thanks

Lee Valley Marina at Stanstead Abbotts is probably your most reliable place,large crane on site regularly used for lorry transportation but popular so needs to be booked.

thanks for that...  do you know how long that will take by water as the boat has no bsc or license which is making things difficult? just wondering if tuckeys would be able to remove the boat at hallingbury...  

12 minutes ago, crosser said:

thanks for that...  do you know how long that will take by water as the boat has no bsc or license which is making things difficult? just wondering if tuckeys would be able to remove the boat at hallingbury...  

Er, ask them?

23 minutes ago, crosser said:

By water it's around 6 hours but you will need to speak to CRT about a temporary permit  and I don't know their attitude to no BSC in these circumstances.

I've never used Tuckeys nor aware if anyone has lifted a boat at Little Hallingbury.

Edited by Quaffer

Kecksys at Sawbridgeworth allows cranes in for a fee, there is an old wharf at Roydon which has been used though I am not sure how big a crane you would get in there and it but might be clogged by moored boats (it is opposite the station) not sure if Roydon Marina has anywhere. No one has their own crane apart from Lea Valley Marina

Edited by Phoenix_V