Aston Flight

Rob-M

Featured Posts

Anyone know what has collapsed into the canal between locks 9 and 10 as the canal is closed.

due to a land slip between Lock 9 and lock 10 Birmingham & Fazeley canal

09/05/2021 14:09

navigation is now closed between Locks 9 and 10, Birmingham & Fazeley canal. 

Please use alternative route via Digbeth Branch, GU and Birmingham & Warwick branch canal.

It also indicates that its not actually blocked 

due to a land slip between Lock 9 and lock 10 Birmingham & Fazeley canal (BF-004-008 to BF-004-011) The canal is still passable with care

advised alternative route is via Digbeth branch and Warwick branch canals 

1 minute ago, ditchcrawler said:

It also indicates that its not actually blocked 

due to a land slip between Lock 9 and lock 10 Birmingham & Fazeley canal (BF-004-008 to BF-004-011) The canal is still passable with care

The update said it is now closed.

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

No Aston restarts at 1 I believe, 9 and 10 are near the bottom.

That is clearly what CRT are doing, but canalplan has them as you would expect from 1 at the top of FB continuing down Aston.  So if B&F lock 1 is the top of Aston what numbers are used for FB, negative!  I think the notice should really say locks 9 and 10 of the Aston flight on the B&F, as those numbers just relate to the flight, not the canal as a whole.

I see on the website the update says it is closed, but I did not get an email for that update, just for the original.

Edited by john6767

6 minutes ago, john6767 said:

That is clearly what CRT are doing, but canalplan has them as you would expect from 1 at the top of FB continuing down Aston.  So if B&F lock 1 is the top of Aston what numbers are used for FB, negative!  I think the notice should really say locks 9 and 10 of the Aston flight on the B&F, as those numbers just relate to the flight, not the canal as a whole.

I see on the website the update says it is closed, but I did not get an email for that update, just for the original.

This is what I received by email 

Original message: due to a land slip between Lock 9 and lock 10 Birmingham & Fazeley canal (BF-004-008 to BF-004-011) The canal is still passable with care

You can view this notice and its map online here:
https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/10513099/canalrivertrust.org.uk?p=eyJzIjoiSjNNRmZqNmwyMUFYcjJMRGNVNHp3bTdyTGlNIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjoxMDUxMzA5OSxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL2NhbmFscml2ZXJ0cnVzdC5vcmcudWtcXFwvbm90aWNlXFxcLzE5NzM3XFxcL2xvY2stOS1hbmQtbG9jay0xMC1iaXJtaW5naGFtLWFuZC1mYXplbGV5LWNhbmFsLWJmLTAwNC0wMDgtdG8tYmYtMDA0LTAxMVwiLFwiaWRcIjpcImYzMDFkYmEwMzVhOTQ2OTg5OWRiOGI2ZjhhNjJkN2JkXCIsXCJ1cmxfaWRzXCI6W1wiMDZiODNhZWUyNzUxYTY4N2VlMTMzNWEyZjJlYWJhN2M3YjU2NjZhNFwiXX0ifQ

You can find all notices at the url below:
https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/10513099/canalrivertrust.org.uk?p=eyJzIjoiQW80MWJ3b0lZUjNreUJwVkQ4VXFLa0g5WXlvIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjoxMDUxMzA5OSxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL2NhbmFscml2ZXJ0cnVzdC5vcmcudWtcXFwvbm90aWNlc1wiLFwiaWRcIjpcImYzMDFkYmEwMzVhOTQ2OTg5OWRiOGI2ZjhhNjJkN2JkXCIsXCJ1cmxfaWRzXCI6W1wiNWU5OTViMjYyYWQzMzMwYjg2OTdlZGE5MmNmODE1NGUzMDNiMjMwMFwiXX0ifQ

Please do not reply to the email. It has been automatically generated.
To unsubscribe from this service please go to: https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/10513099/canalrivertrust.org.uk?p=eyJzIjoiZUFsOVQtMU05cEQ4QUFPY3RPZG9xeEpudk9FIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjoxMDUxMzA5OSxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL2NhbmFscml2ZXJ0cnVzdC5vcmcudWtcXFwvbXktdHJ1c3RcXFwvbm90aWNlc1wiLFwiaWRcIjpcImYzMDFkYmEwMzVhOTQ2OTg5OWRiOGI2ZjhhNjJkN2JkXCIsXCJ1cmxfaWRzXCI6W1wiYTUyNmJmZGM0MDdjODNiOTU0NWI4ODQ1MTA2NTE1OTJhOGEyMWJkNVwiXX0ifQ and uncheck the relevant box.

31 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

This is what I received by email 

Original message: due to a land slip between Lock 9 and lock 10 Birmingham & Fazeley canal (BF-004-008 to BF-004-011) The canal is still passable with care

You can view this notice and its map online here:
https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/10513099/canalrivertrust.org.uk?p=eyJzIjoiSjNNRmZqNmwyMUFYcjJMRGNVNHp3bTdyTGlNIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjoxMDUxMzA5OSxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL2NhbmFscml2ZXJ0cnVzdC5vcmcudWtcXFwvbm90aWNlXFxcLzE5NzM3XFxcL2xvY2stOS1hbmQtbG9jay0xMC1iaXJtaW5naGFtLWFuZC1mYXplbGV5LWNhbmFsLWJmLTAwNC0wMDgtdG8tYmYtMDA0LTAxMVwiLFwiaWRcIjpcImYzMDFkYmEwMzVhOTQ2OTg5OWRiOGI2ZjhhNjJkN2JkXCIsXCJ1cmxfaWRzXCI6W1wiMDZiODNhZWUyNzUxYTY4N2VlMTMzNWEyZjJlYWJhN2M3YjU2NjZhNFwiXX0ifQ

You can find all notices at the url below:
https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/10513099/canalrivertrust.org.uk?p=eyJzIjoiQW80MWJ3b0lZUjNreUJwVkQ4VXFLa0g5WXlvIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjoxMDUxMzA5OSxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL2NhbmFscml2ZXJ0cnVzdC5vcmcudWtcXFwvbm90aWNlc1wiLFwiaWRcIjpcImYzMDFkYmEwMzVhOTQ2OTg5OWRiOGI2ZjhhNjJkN2JkXCIsXCJ1cmxfaWRzXCI6W1wiNWU5OTViMjYyYWQzMzMwYjg2OTdlZGE5MmNmODE1NGUzMDNiMjMwMFwiXX0ifQ

Please do not reply to the email. It has been automatically generated.
To unsubscribe from this service please go to: https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/10513099/canalrivertrust.org.uk?p=eyJzIjoiZUFsOVQtMU05cEQ4QUFPY3RPZG9xeEpudk9FIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjoxMDUxMzA5OSxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL2NhbmFscml2ZXJ0cnVzdC5vcmcudWtcXFwvbXktdHJ1c3RcXFwvbm90aWNlc1wiLFwiaWRcIjpcImYzMDFkYmEwMzVhOTQ2OTg5OWRiOGI2ZjhhNjJkN2JkXCIsXCJ1cmxfaWRzXCI6W1wiYTUyNmJmZGM0MDdjODNiOTU0NWI4ODQ1MTA2NTE1OTJhOGEyMWJkNVwiXX0ifQ and uncheck the relevant box.

Yep same as I got.

3 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Yep same as I got.

That is the notification I had but when I then checked on the CRT site there was an update to say it was now closed.  I only checked as I know Scorpio is due to go through Aston this week to get back to Icknield Port.