GU stockton to kingswood junction

Mike Coe

Featured Posts

I have done it in a day with Lapworth on top, starting at 5am and mooring at 10.30pm, however, dont recommend this. Allowing 2 days will put you at the Cape in Warwick after Day1, then Day 2 just get to the bottom of Hatton and wait for another boat to come along.

If you are hiring from Kate Boats you are unlikely to get as far as the Cape on the first day, bearing in mind usual hire starting time of 2pm onwards. Personally I would do Stockton locks then moor near the Two Boats/Cuttle Inn for the first night, then the Cape/Budbrooke Junction on the 2nd night and Kingswood on the 3rd.

But Canalplan as mentioned will allow you to input all sorts of variables!

28 minutes ago, JJay said:

If you are hiring from Kate Boats you are unlikely to get as far as the Cape on the first day, bearing in mind usual hire starting time of 2pm onwards. Personally I would do Stockton locks then moor near the Two Boats/Cuttle Inn for the first night, then the Cape/Budbrooke Junction on the 2nd night and Kingswood on the 3rd.

But Canalplan as mentioned will allow you to input all sorts of variables!

A better plan, especially as you will have other boats going your way and lengthening the lock flight transit times down Itchington 10 at that time. After 17th May, you can also eat and drink inside the pub if that is your bag!  If you share Hatton with another boat and get a good system going, you can clear the flight in around 2.5 hours.

You'll also save time and knocks if you can breast up providing the boats are similar in length +/- 5ft. BUT- untie before going through Stockton bridge 23; it is too narrow - I know from experience!!