Improving moorings in the East Midlands Region

frangar

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Jan13 said:

Ah - that’s interesting. Do you just give them a call in advance?

Yes just give them a call or pop onto the pontoon if they are out and about skiing. 

Be warned though if they are skiing when you moor on the pontoon they won't slow down when they pass the mooring so you will get thrown around. That said there are lots of tyres as fenders on the pontoon so you won't damage the boat but you might get some black scuff marks that polish off.

4 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Yes just give them a call or pop onto the pontoon if they are out and about skiing. 

Be warned though if they are skiing when you moor on the pontoon they won't slow down when they pass the mooring so you will get thrown around. That said there are lots of tyres as fenders on the pontoon so you won't damage the boat but you might get some black scuff marks that polish off.

I pulled in when moving a boat with an ailing engine, it was a busy ski day but they made room for me. Two blokes then spent the next hour swamping me with their wash, they were old enough to know better but it was all in good humour. 

We ended up staying overnight and the pub was excellent. 

34 minutes ago, noddyboater said:

I pulled in when moving a boat with an ailing engine, it was a busy ski day but they made room for me. Two blokes then spent the next hour swamping me with their wash, they were old enough to know better but it was all in good humour. 

Was the pub the Brownlow Arms?

55 minutes ago, noddyboater said:

If you moor on their ski mooring I don't think you can really complain about them skiing ???

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

If you moor on their ski mooring I don't think you can really complain about them skiing ???

They weren't skiing,  they were just going up and down the river as close to me as possible having a laugh while I tried to sort the engine out. 

As I said it was all in good spirits but I did have to shut the stern doors when the wake was going down the cabin steps! 

1 hour ago, Jan13 said:

Was the pub the Brownlow Arms?

Yes, good value food and the beer wasn't bad either.