From Crown Oil 

image.png.deff1947a66f4607fa78332f840d6f97.png

4 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

From Crown Oil 

4 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

From Crown Oil 

Ex Brummie you’re confusing 1st Generation FAME biodiesel with 2nd Generation HVO biofuel. It’s chemical formula is identical to mineral diesel except lacking aromatics, minerals and sulphur it is a purer product. Producing up to 30% less NoX and 85% less PMs it’s environmental credentials are impressive and being 90% carbon neutral and totally biodegradable it goes a long way to helping the diesel engine clean up its act.

• Horror 1

14 hours ago, Ex Brummie said:

We have a Bubble stove with a backboiler that feeds a forward radiator on gravity. On a small cabin such as yours, I doubt if even the most neche individual would tolerate the high fire rate for long. Our stove on a 57' boat (43ft cabin) runs at about 4cc. (.25lts/hr) They are not maintenance free, but if used every weekend, then 2-3 mins decoking/scraping will give trouble free operation.

Thankyou. ?

13 hours ago, Bacchus said:

I think on a little boat like yours a new vest and a can of Ralgex might be your best bet?

You certainly won't have room for a squirrel onboard (if that's your thing), and don't take out any lockers to fit a stove - think of your crew and fill the lockers with beer you selfish *******

(c:

?

I would go for something like this

https://www.kuranda.co.uk/product/sig-marine-100-cabin-heater-kit/

we had one in the back of the barge, worked very well.

The only thing I would have done differntly would be to put an air intake pipe up to the roof  as it was susceptible to doors being opened and shut. No electric required.

Not cheap but it works.

Edited by Loddon

1 hour ago, Loddon said:

I would go for something like this

https://www.kuranda.co.uk/product/sig-marine-100-cabin-heater-kit/

we had one in the back of the barge, worked very well.

The only thing I would have done differntly would be to put an air intake pipe up to the roof  as it was susceptible to doors being opened and shut. No electric required.

Not cheap but it works.

The Dickinson Newport that they also sell, seems to be a similar product at a lower price - any idea if they differ much?

4 minutes ago, Sir Percy said:

The Dickinson Newport that they also sell, seems to be a similar product at a lower price - any idea if they differ much?

Thanks loddon, but they look quite pricey, and not the most pleasing aesthetically. I’m sure they are great as a functional piece of kit, but I think I will most  likely go for a solid fuel stove, if only for the aesthetic and the ‘coziness’. Thanks again though. 

Strangely I find them more aesthectally pleasing than a black blob in the corner ?

Most drip feed stoves work the same way so the Dickinson is very similar.

We have replaced our stove in the house with a gas fired stove (looks exactly the same) and it's a joy not having all the dust wafting round the house. I may well go back to a diesel stove on the boat depending on how many times we have to light the Hobbit now we are no longer liveaboards.

I have a bubble backboiler stove in the bedroom of my widebeam it holds a double bed and 3 seater setee,  first setting is cozy, the space is more than likely bigger than your boat.  I use HVO already its cleaner than the kerosene or diesel I used to use. Also remember coal has gone now only smokeless fuels and very dry wood allowed! So by fitting a solid fuel stove you could box yourself into a corner. I have a Rayburn Royal in the kitchen which uses anthracite, I am expecting price rises when I buy my winter supplies, I do burn well seasoned wood which I forage, but would not rule out a cooker change in the future to run on HVO