Info needed Izuzu Delux engine panel - Hole Size

Dai Molly II

Featured Posts

Hi All

I hope someone can help me.  I recently returned home from a few weeks on the canals and forgot to measure the hole for the volt meter on my Izuzu Delux Engine panel.  The meter is playing up as it over reads gradually, a sharp tap and it returns to the true voltage as checked via a seperate volt meter.  So I want to replace it, but like an idiot forgot to measure the hole.  I am hoping a standard 52mm one will fit.  If someone has such a panel in their boat could they help and put a tape across the hole?  Thanks if advance

Is this the type of instrument, VDO made I think, where most of the gauge is underneath and just a transparent plastic dome protrudes through the metal plate? As opposed to the sort where a bezel sits on the outside of the panel. If so, then the hole diameter is 48.5mm to allow the plastic to pass through. This is smaller than the more standard 52mm size that allows the gauge body to pass through. I don't have one of these panels, but a couple of years ago I designed a new one for some friends to use their existing instruments in a replacement panel and I still have the drawings. If it is not this sort of gauge, then ignore.

Jen

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies

Yes it is a VDO gauge with just a transparent dome, thanks for your help, now hopefully a 52mm gauge needs the same size hole!  If not I think I will file the opening to accept a standard size guage as I doubt I can get the exact same one.  Again thanks

1 hour ago, Dai Molly II said:

Yes it is a VDO gauge with just a transparent dome, thanks for your help, now hopefully a 52mm gauge needs the same size hole!  If not I think I will file the opening to accept a standard size guage as I doubt I can get the exact same one.  Again thanks

A 52mm gauge needs a 52mm hole (surprise!) and is not going to fit in a 48.5mm hole without adjustment of the hole. Possibly a small flap wheel in an electric drill? I'd take everything out of the panel to protect them from the aluminium dust when opening up the hole.

Jen

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies

On 06/05/2021 at 00:21, Dai Molly II said:

Hi All

I hope someone can help me.  I recently returned home from a few weeks on the canals and forgot to measure the hole for the volt meter on my Izuzu Delux Engine panel.  The meter is playing up as it over reads gradually, a sharp tap and it returns to the true voltage as checked via a seperate volt meter.  So I want to replace it, but like an idiot forgot to measure the hole.  I am hoping a standard 52mm one will fit.  If someone has such a panel in their boat could they help and put a tape across the hole?  Thanks if advance

Mine stopped working some time ago and the lcd engine hours counter inside the rev counter stopped working too. I dropped a new counter into the hole where the old voltmeter sat and cut a smaller hole in the panel for a cheap voltmeter from ebay. It's pissing down out there now but I'll add a picture and measure the hole when it stops.

Edit: measured from above a 60mm OD gauge fits into the hole so I would estimate it's about 52mm ID. Sorry I can't be bothered to take the panel off to measure it from underneath.

This is the voltmeter I bought and fitted into the panel instead of the original one that failed.

IMG_20210508_113243.jpg

Edited by blackrose