BCN Challenge 2022

Tom and Bex

Featured Posts

If this is an enquiry after Tree Monkey, his lurginess now has its own thread.

However, had he taken the basic precaution of post-immersion sanitizing his mouth throat and gullet with a strong solution of ethanol in water.....

N

2 minutes ago, BEngo said:

If this is an enquiry after Tree Monkey, his lurginess now has its own thread.

However, had he taken the basic precaution of post-immersion sanitizing his mouth throat and gullet with a strong solution of ethanol in water.....

N

I have a feeling that was the action taken by my uncle, possibly leading to him ending out in the ditch, not sure that it works:huh:

• 6 months later...
On 23/12/2022 at 10:21, Laurie Booth said:

Hope it finishes at Fazeley :)

Might it be a good idea to finish at Withymoor Island Trust, then everyone can stroll up to Ma Pardoes and eat and drink their fill, thus helping to keep it open?

(assuming it's still open by then...)

1 hour ago, IanD said:

Might it be a good idea to finish at Withymoor Island Trust, then everyone can stroll up to Ma Pardoes and eat and drink their fill, thus helping to keep it open?

Withymoor was this year's end point so unlikely to be the same again although they were excellent hosts.

1 hour ago, IanD said:

The only problem with that is this year's finished at Withymoor, so unless the scoring system was significantly changed the routes would be largely the same (although there may be one less closure to deal with which would make a difference). Mind you, it was a nice place to finish and very convenient for us, so I wouldn't complain.

It would be handy if CRT could be prevailed upon to provide a rubbish skip though - perhaps add some points for rubbish collected by weight? Given our draught we dredge up a lot that others run straight over, so I reckon we might be on to a winner with that!

Alec

4 hours ago, agg221 said:

The only problem with that is this year's finished at Withymoor, so unless the scoring system was significantly changed the routes would be largely the same (although there may be one less closure to deal with which would make a difference). Mind you, it was a nice place to finish and very convenient for us, so I wouldn't complain.

It would be handy if CRT could be prevailed upon to provide a rubbish skip though - perhaps add some points for rubbish collected by weight? Given our draught we dredge up a lot that others run straight over, so I reckon we might be on to a winner with that!

Alec

Always thought it would be a good idea to get extra points for fishing rubbish out of the canal during the challenge 

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

Get enough and you get a trophy.

IMG_20190527_122555.jpg.9f3f920a143a361a8abf0c3c9c2d7780.jpg

(Usually, eh @cheshire~rose !)

I dunno about "Usually" I have only done the challenge twice, one occasion you won that trophy so the next occasion we decided to collect rubbish and there was no trophy. I guess that is a 50/50 rather than a usually as far as I am concerned.

Later in the summer I went into a Charity shop and spotted a little yellow version of the shopping trolley among their bric-a-brac and bought it. One of the Pythoneers mounted it on a plaque and the real heroes, those who work tirelessly to keep Python afloat and provide the skilled team to oversee the volunteers who maintain the Chesterfield Canal, got to vote on which of the team should be awarded Pythoneer of the Year.

It was Jenny who won the award and very well deserved it was too.  In future we will stick to getting litter out of The Chessie where it is greatly  appreciated. by the local community. Although I can't promise that as Python has to leave The Chessie next year for docking and will attend the Erewash Festival. I bet the team will still collect litter, it is what they do! 

May be an image of 2 people and indoor

Edited by cheshire~rose
  • Greenie 2

54 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

so the next occasion we decided to collect rubbish and there was no trophy.

There most certainly was!  I express couriered it to Sue so she had it in time.

Not just because I'd forgotten to send it the week before ...

In my defence, I was intending to bring it in person but life got in the way.

51 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

There most certainly was!  I express couriered it to Sue so she had it in time.

Not just because I'd forgotten to send it the week before ...

In my defence, I was intending to bring it in person but life got in the way.

I didn't word that as well as I could have done. There may have been a trophy, there was not a category that the trophy was being awarded for. I didn't realise that though, only having entered once before I didn't make any note of the fact it wasn't mentioned in the emails, I wrongly assumed it was a given that it happened. The Birmingham Canals benefitted though so no harm done 

• 3 weeks later...