BCN Challenge 2022

Tom and Bex

Featured Posts

Who has a new sleeping bag...?  Passer by just told us the "barge in front has picked up a sleeping bag".

35 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

The open route ...

:giggles:

Perhaps the bit we are on should be closed.

IMG_20220603_163005090_HDR.jpg.15277666569e39bbb023dbabffad1355.jpg

3 hours ago, RLWP said:

I'm hedging my bets.

We are only accepting scoresheets from boats whose names match Sue's database precisely. Now,  I don't know which spelling she has used...

Richard 

Well Team Delhi's scoresheet will be spelt the way her name is spelt on the side of the boat, on the CRT database and on the 1930 gauging records (among dozens of other official documents)

I will double check I didn't make a typo on our entry form (because even the best can make a mistake) but I certainly wouldn't have used two different spellings on the form. 

None of the other boats have a choice of two spellings offered. Why do we have an additional hoop to jump through? 

3 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Who has a new sleeping bag...?  Passer by just told us the "barge in front has picked up a sleeping bag".

We got a duvet

2 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Looks pretty good to me - we cleared the Walsall canal for everyone when we went up it yesterday!

Umpires launch is now in place 

Richard 

Roast lamb for dinner! 

4 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

Barney is offishally handed over to Tatty Lucy 

FB_IMG_1654278061909.jpg

Will he manage to leave? 

Richard 

4 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Shallow canal, deep drafted boat, no weed hatch, sigh

Shallow canal, average drafted boat, think to myself "it's feeling a bit sluggish, will dive down the weed hatch in a bit", engine overheats going into a junction 😠

Am now moored on a water point... don't judge me 🤣

• Greenie 1

Withymoor have put on a tremendous effort for the challenge. Lots of moorings, marquees with tables and chairs, Ma Pardoes beer, burgers sausages and chips.

Sue gets the clubhouse to interrogate the competitors so the screaming won't distract the revellers 

Withymoor are a small group, they've really put a great effort into greeting challenge boaters 

Richard 

• Greenie 4

3 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

Well Team Delhi's scoresheet will be spelt the way her name is spelt on the side of the boat, on the CRT database and on the 1930 gauging records (among dozens of other official documents)

I will double check I didn't make a typo on our entry form (because even the best can make a mistake) but I certainly wouldn't have used two different spellings on the form. 

None of the other boats have a choice of two spellings offered. Why do we have an additional hoop to jump through? 

We got a duvet

Because you have a famously Schrodinger boat name. It could be Delhi or Dehli - the uncertainty persists until we get to read the name on the boat

Have you got a cat?

Richard 

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, BlueStringPudding said:

Careful, Tatty Lucy. Barney is off his nut on energy drinks. 

And very useful extra crew he was helping with the locks to burn off all that energy🤣

4 hours ago, RLWP said:

Will he manage to leave? 

Not yet - seen no boats since turning right at Birchills junction. Next you'll tell me I've gone the wrong way🤣

• Greenie 1

6 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

His quote was 

"Nipples like bullets" 

He went in to get the remains of the Ikea bag we had clearly not fully cleared this morning and found what appeared to be strands of unravelled foam backed carpet ....

Cut tons of the stuff off, got out, started the engine to check it felt right..it did

Fantastic

Then suddenly, 20 seconds later...it didn't feel right...

So he went back in and took a duvet off that we had collected in the 20 seconds running to test it! 

FB_IMG_1654269665942.jpg

Nipples like bullets should be a visit from Heidi Manning !!!

1 hour ago, The Bearwood Boster said:

Nipples like bullets should be a visit from Heidi Manning !!!

From the stories I have heard those nipples put mine to shame

1 hour ago, cheshire~rose said:

Does anyone have any boiling oil we can tip over the local ne'er-do-wells so Team Delhi can get some rest? 

Currently got a stand off situation.... 

Finally our shit faced wierdo was seen off by a, although I do say so my self,  fair acting job of being an angry nutter, Kev and I have stayed up to fend off a return but all seems quiet and we are of to get an hour or two of sleep

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

From the stories I have heard those nipples put mine to shame

Finally our shit faced wierdo was seen off by a, although I do say so my self,  fair acting job of being an angry nutter, Kev and I have stayed up to fend off a return but all seems quiet and we are of to get an hour or two of sleep

All was quiet when we just came past.