BCN Challenge 2022

Tom and Bex

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, RLWP said:

That'll be because she hasn't sent it yet!

Richard

The plot thickens...

I received numerous emails from Sue yesterday 

That either means these were emails sent earlier in August that got lost in the ether or communication between Sue and I via email is more reliable than verbal communication in the Powell household 🤣

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Will the swimming section be taking place at the bottom of Ryders Green

Last time we did it, we followed Spey up that flight. Certainly the way to go if you need a good depth for swimming.

Alec

3 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

The plot thickens...

I received numerous emails from Sue yesterday 

That either means these were emails sent earlier in August that got lost in the ether or communication between Sue and I via email is more reliable than verbal communication in the Powell household 🤣

It is the latter, of course

Richard

41 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Will the swimming section be taking place at the bottom of Ryders Green

Is it possible to swim in the stuff at the bottom of Ryders Green?

Richard

33 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Theres a few sections that could be used for bog snorkelling 

Genius!

That's how to 'navigate' the prohibited but legally open stub of the Wednesbury Canal from Ryders Green Junction. That's the only bit of the extant connected BCN I have never navigated. I don't think any boat will ever make it down there again.

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

Genius!

That's how to 'navigate' the prohibited but legally open stub of the Wednesbury Canal from Ryders Green Junction. That's the only bit of the extant connected BCN I have never navigated. I don't think any boat will ever make it down there again.

We went up that one one year before it was prohibited. Last time we tried the nearby Gospel Oak branch and got further than I think anyone can have done in years, but bog snorkelling would be the only option to get further than that.

Alec

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

I see the BCNS web site is showing the finish point as Withymoor so time to start route planning.

Is it not just a rerun of the 2020 challenge that never happened?  That was going to be a Withymoor finish and the winning team would have been starting at Walsall.

Presumably Sue needed confirmation that the boat club were happy to host this year.

2 hours ago, Rob-M said:

I see the BCNS web site is showing the finish point as Withymoor so time to start route planning.

I have informed the planning department, which has now started work.

Alec

• 2 weeks later...

I have just sent out the entry form, rules and route planner to all those I have email addresses for.

I'm attaching them here, but do email bcnschallenge@gmail.com if you'd like them emailed directly to you, or have any questions.

Looking forward to seeing you all in June.

Route planner 2022 Final.xlsx

BCNS Marathon Challenge 2022 Info & Rules.docx

BCNS ChallengeEntry Form 2022.docx

Edited by Mrs Tawny Owl
wrong file name, file edited and Sunday changed to Saturday. I'm doing my best! Entry form corrected as well.