Webasto installer needed.

Featured Posts

Hi all. I have bought a webasto but I am looking for someone to install it, does anyone have an recommendations? I am on the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal. 

Edited by KateTryst
Spelling

1 minute ago, KateTryst said:

Hi all. I have bought a webasto but I am looking for someone to install it, does anyone have an recommendations? I am on the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal. 

Cannot help with your question, but another question,

Have you bought a proper MARINE Webby from an authorised Webby dealer and complete with the marine installation kit, OR, a cheap refurbished automotive one from a seller on ebay at half the price ?

Be aware that the automotive ones are not safe to install in a boat because the exhaust vents gasses (CO) from the exhaust, this is not a problem when installed in a car engine compartment as the gas just 'falls' under the car, on a boat, the gas builds up in the bilges until it kills you.

Also, the electronics on the automotive ones need reprogramming to suit boat voltages or it will not work correctly.

If you have bought a marine version, then ignore this post, if you have bought an automotive one, ensure you spend the £'s to make it safe for boat use.

Good luck