Tyrley locks on the Shroppie

WhiteSuit

Featured Posts

Ask one of the locals if you can park next to their car? They seem to be friendly whenever I go through. My friend broke his arm round there and one of the people in the cottages helped him a lot, they became good friends.

If I remember correctly there are two parking areas at the top of Tryley locks. The one nearest the bridge is private and has signs indicating such but the adjacent one to the west is for the public. No signs at least. I left my car there for several days without incident and there were also camper vans etc. 

Edited by The Gravy Boater
typo

Car parking isn't the issue there.  The moorings above the lock are all 48 hour. Then you're into long term permit moorings.  Then through the bridge you're into Woodseaves Cutting.  If you're really only staying 2 days, you'll be ok.  Any longer and you'd need to find an alternative.

1 hour ago, doratheexplorer said:

Car parking isn't the issue there.  The moorings above the lock are all 48 hour. Then you're into long term permit moorings.  Then through the bridge you're into Woodseaves Cutting.  If you're really only staying 2 days, you'll be ok.  Any longer and you'd need to find an alternative.

The boat won't be staying any longer than it takes to move the car so a few hours at most, we have a deadline to get to our new moorings before our first grandchild puts in an appearance. I didn't fancy leaving the car in Market Drayton for a few days. Tyrley is about halfway between Brewood and our destination 

12 hours ago, The Gravy Boater said:

If I remember correctly there are two parking areas at the top of Tryley locks. The one nearest the bridge is private and has signs indicating such but the adjacent one to the west is for the public. No signs at least. I left my car there for several days without incident and there were also camper vans etc. 

Thank you 

• Greenie 1

13 hours ago, StephenA said:

If not you could talk to the pub at the top of the lane.... they have a large car park.

Never realised there was a pub there,  never stopped longer than to use the services.