Kendall Narrowboats

Featured Posts

Having sold our narrowboat last year and regretted it immediately we're looking again in what we know is a seller's market. We've seen a few boats but nothing that said "buy me" so far. Just seen another that looks interesting but I've never heard of the builder "Kendall Narrowboats". Having done a bit of research it appears they were based in Liverpool and built about 10 or 11 boats in all. Does anyone on the forum know anything more about them and/or their build quality?

10 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Were they just fitter-out guys? I can find no steel worker with that name.  If in L/pool, likely to be a L/pool hull? Distinctive bow scroll? Barrel roof?

I've found photos of one which is for sale, and it has neither of those distinctive features. But it was built in 2007; was this after Liverpool had become Collingwood and changed their shell styling?

Kendall has  a web site, but it contains nothing but their name and a line drawing of a boat, so I assume it's dormant.

There are 10 records that match your query

Meg Built by Kendall Narrow Boats - Length : 15.24 metres ( 50 feet ) - Beam : 2.083 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 metres ( 2 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 35 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 513316 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

Add Meg to my favourites

Quetzal Built by Kendall Narrowboats - Length : 15.24 metres ( 50 feet ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 metres ( 2 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 35 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 516251 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Friday 20th April 2012 )

Add Quetzal to my favourites

Snowbaby Built by Kendall - Length : 17.68 metres ( 58 feet ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 metres ( 2 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 42 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 515055 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

Add Snowbaby to my favourites

Jane Alice Built by Kendall Narrowboats - Length : 13.41 metres ( 44 feet ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 metres ( 2 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 35 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 515237 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

Add Jane Alice to my favourites

Laura Jane Built by Kendalls Nb - Length : 18.59 metres ( 61 feet ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.01 metres ( 0 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 42 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 516002 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Friday 20th April 2012 )

Add Laura Jane to my favourites

Mulroy Bay Built by Kendall Narrow Boats - Length : 16.76 metres ( 55 feet ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.01 metres ( 0 feet ). Metal hull N/A . Registered with Canal & River Trust number 515352 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Sunday 11th April 2010 )

Add Mulroy Bay to my favourites

Turn Again Built by Kendall Narrowboats - Length : 17.68 metres ( 58 feet ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 metres ( 2 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 42 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 514478 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

Add Turn Again to my favourites

Compass Rose Built by Kendall Narrowboats - Length : 12.802 metres ( 42 feet ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.45 metres ( 1 foot 6 inches ). Metal hull N/A power of 25 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 512942 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

Add Compass Rose to my favourites

Pandora's Box Built by Kendall Narrowboats - Length : 15.85 metres ( 52 feet ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 metres ( 2 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 35 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 513759 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

Add Pandora's Box to my favourites

Charlotte Mary Built by Kendall Narrowboats - Length : 15.26 metres ( 50 feet 1 inch ) - Beam : 2.083 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 metres ( 2 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 999 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 512415 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

Add Charlotte Mary to my favourites

All results have been displayed for this query

I wrote the boat in the photograph earlier, a few years ago at Grendon Wharf. The shell,may have been Alexander Boatbuilders at Stourport, I can’t recall. Peter James was the owner then, she’s changed hands since.

Many thanks for all your replies. I guess the only way to be sure is to go have a look which we'll do shortly, If she's anything like as good as the one Dave M. wrote we'll be making an offer!!! As always the forum remains a veritable fount of knowledge!!

I'm still here if in a much reduced capacity being boatless! Yes the boat in the pic above was my boat (I took the picture) and she was a Tyler-Wilson hull as PD1964 rightly said, Dave did indeed signwrite her and a fabulous job he made of it too! She was a one off built in Kendal by two very skilled craftsmen, the joinery work is absolutely stunning. As far as I am aware they only ever built one boat. I have masses of information about her including all the build photo's etc, only too happy to share if you're interested in buying her.

crick_4.jpg

crick_12.jpg

Signwritten by Dave Moore.jpg

2 hours ago, Ancient Mariner said:

Thanks for the info Kendal. Sadly I'm pretty sure that's not the boat we're going to see. If it was we'd definitely be making an offer!! Here's hoping it's at least something like that quality.

She is a lovely boat, the only reason I sold her was because I moved to live by the coast in South Devon (those flat bottomed tubs don't fair very well on the lumpy stuff). Best of luck finding your replacement, we become somewhat fussy with experience!

• 1 month later...