Battery bank 2

LadyG

Featured Posts

OK, so I squeezed an extra year out of my two bow batteries, but now they are pretty much dead, they supply an ancient fridge which works, but draws about 50 ah or even more on hot days. 

Batteries must be agm

Torn between 2 x 90 ah deep cycle from numberonebatteries on ebay £183. 98 by parcel force and any number of variations on a theme. 

Answers on a postcard please :)

If you order from numberonebatteries, beware that they have a bad habit of only sending one battery no matter how many you have ordered.

The must have a numpty in the warehouse who can't count, they have done it twice to me this year.

2 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

If you order from numberonebatteries, beware that they have a bad habit of only sending one battery no matter how many you have ordered.

The must have a numpty in the warehouse who can't count, they have done it twice to me this year.

Maybe they just hoped you can't count, sounds like sharp practice, maybe avoid them since I am actually cc ing, moved twice in one week! 

Edited by LadyG

I tried to phone number one. Its one guy who has no idea, tried to sell me edf batteries, these are for electric cars!

Tried to phone again, once more got the out of date message and request to use text. 

Will try ABC, I think they have a battery business.. 

3 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I tried to phone number one. Its one guy who has no idea, tried to sell me edf batteries, these are for electric cars!

Tried to phone again, once more got the out of date message and request to use text. 

If you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all

Why not try Battery Megastore - good prices and delivered next day.

You can even phone and talk to a Human Bean.

Battery Megastore offering next day delivery with cheap prices

4 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Yep, that's them to a T.

First order was for 4, they sent one. Sent emails, filled their on line message form and telephoned their machine, never came to me but the other 3 turned up 2 days later. 

Second order for 2, they sent 1. Multiple calls and emails, threat of Trading Standards and another turned up 8 days later.

Good prices, OK batteries but terrible customer service.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

If you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all

Why not try Battery Megastore - good prices and delivered next day.

You can even phone and talk to a Human Bean.

Battery Megastore offering next day delivery with cheap prices

Battery Megastore told me they would arrive “tomorrow”, the Friday of a bank holiday weekend. On the morning they confirmed they were on the truck. In the afternoon they confirmed they would be with me by the end of the day. At about 6.30pm, I got hold of the trucking company who said they didn’t know who I was, and definitely had no batteries for me. 

I got my money back on the Tuesday, ordered from Tayna at about 3.30pm one day, and the batteries arrived the following morning at 9.30am.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

Battery Megastore told me they would arrive “tomorrow”, the Friday of a bank holiday weekend. On the morning they confirmed they were on the truck. In the afternoon they confirmed they would be with me by the end of the day. At about 6.30pm, I got hold of the trucking company who said they didn’t know who I was, and definitely had no batteries for me. 

I got my money back on the Tuesday, ordered from Tayna at about 3.30pm one day, and the batteries arrived the following morning at 9.30am.

I don't know which courier they use but my three large 180ah batteries arrived next day with the most extreme packaging I have ever seen.  It took me 10 mins with Stanley's Knife to get at them and another hour to get rid of the pallet and all the packing.  This is a good thing. 

1 hour ago, The Gravy Boater said:

I had a good experience with Tayna Batteries in terms of the price I paid and the delivery/packaging, for what it's worth.  Customer experience may vary.

https://www.tayna.co.uk/leisure-batteries/

I also had great service from Tayna, fast delivery albeit to a marina but give them a ring, Im sure they will be happy to accommodate delivery to suit. 

52 minutes ago, The Gravy Boater said:

I don't know which courier they use but my three large 180ah batteries arrived next day with the most extreme packaging I have ever seen.  It took me 10 mins with Stanley's Knife to get at them and another hour to get rid of the pallet and all the packing.  This is a good thing. 

I buy around a dozen batteries a year from Battery Megastore and (so far) have never had any problem with delivery.

I can thoroughly recommend them. 

On 03/05/2021 at 09:44, Tracy D'arth said:

Strange, they did it to me too.

Ordered a pair of 90 AH Leisure batteries for the unbeatable price of £75 total delivered.

Received only one battery, contacted them and the second battery was dispatched almost immediately.

I have used them since as the prices are good as is the service.

6 hours ago, LadyG said:

So despite the warning and negative review from Tracy at the beginning of the thread you tried to order from them anyway?

How odd. I guess we're all different but if someone told me they only send one battery even if you order more that would be enough to put me off and I'd choose a different supplier. There are lots out there.

35 minutes ago, MarkH2159 said:

Strange, they did it to me too.

Ordered a pair of 90 AH Leisure batteries for the unbeatable price of £75 total delivered.

Received only one battery, contacted them and the second battery was dispatched almost immediately.

I have used them since as the prices are good as is the service.

But the service is sh*t if they make a habit of not sending the correct order the first time! I'm obviously a more demanding customer then you, but my job is complex and I'm busy and I really don't have time to waste on rectifying other people's mistakes, especially when their job is so simple and all they have to do is match the number of items to an order.

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 2

9 hours ago, blackrose said:

So despite the warning and negative review from Tracy at the beginning of the thread you tried to order from them anyway?

How odd. I guess we're all different but if someone told me they only send one battery even if you order more that would be enough to put me off and I'd choose a different supplier. There are lots out there.

But the service is sh*t if they make a habit of not sending the correct order the first time! I'm obviously a more demanding customer then you, but my job is complex and I'm busy and I really don't have time to waste on rectifying other people's mistakes, especially when their job is so simple and all they have to do is match the number of items to an order.

As far as I am concerned they only made the mistake of sending one battery instead of the pair on one occasion and the problem was rectified immediately.

I have used them several times since and they have not let me down.

Until now I was not aware that they may have sent incomplete orders to others and it does not affect me anyway.

Prices are excellent, I have found communication to be good and delivery is very prompt, therefore I consider that to be good service.