a gelcoat friendly paint stripper?

Featured Posts

Good evening mate, its actually a little 15ft fishing boat that I'm trying to refurb for my son (out of water). I stumbled across the post and thought it was relevant :)

I've been using Bartoline TX10 this afternoon. Messy slow job. I'm being to wonder if I should have stuck with the sanding, but the ridges on hull seemed hard to reach with my orbital.

Anyhow, I've just applied coat of TX10 and run out of light. Am I right in thinking that I can just leave this on overnight and that it will not effect the gel coat as it doesn't contain Methylene Chloride?

Also if I were to switch back to sanding and I'm sure I will have to at some stage. Will I jet clean allow to dry and then sand?

Thanks and sorry for the Q's I'm new to boats.

21 hours ago, Devs said:

Am I right in thinking that I can just leave this on overnight and that it will not effect the gel coat as it doesn't contain Methylene Chloride?

I'd advise against leaving it on as it'll dry really quickly and become harder to get off.

I think some people put it on and cover it with cling film to stop it drying out. But I've never done that and can't speak for what it might do good/bad.