Nb Butty Cygnus, pictures needed please.

Duchess

Featured Posts

Is your “Hampton” the one moored at Cow Roast? 
you have a website? 

On 08/04/2022 at 16:15, Derek R. said:

Found the photos - but no luck. What I recalled as possibly being CYGNUS was in fact BALHAM & MOON. Memory fail.

Oh that’s a shame

however I have quite a good stash of pics now. It’s ones from before 1965 with BW colours and before that not much chance as they will likely be black and white.

but hey, worth keeping looking. 

On 08/04/2022 at 07:43, Derek R. said:

I'll keep looking, but I'm missing three boxes of photos just now, and I'm sure CYGNUS is in there somewhere, but it would have been taken post 1980.

Thank you,

anything that comes up will be really useful. Much appreciated. 

email is shendish1@gmail.com

On 07/04/2022 at 11:22, delphnine said:

I have some pictures of Cygnus in (I think) the winter of 1963/64.  She was paired with Towcester.  Both boats were in BW colours but were working for Willow Wren and crewed by myself and my brother.  We were carrying coal from Newdigate to Coln Valley and then down to Brentford for grain to Wellingborough.

I will dig out the pictures that I took and digitise them if you are interested.  I could use e mail to get better resolution photos if you wish, send me an e mail.  My e mail address is delphnine@btinternet.com

Just after the disasterous 1962 freeze I see 😉   As one-time owner of Towcester I'd love to see the photos too - I've sent an eMail. I'm sure there are others here too if you get chance to put them on-line

Tam

Edited by Tam & Di

• 1 month later...