Beta 38 Alternator Belt

Featured Posts

Hi, 

Trying to change the starter alternator belt on my beta 38. The new belt I have will just not fit and I was hoping someone could advise the correct belt to get. The old belt is a contitech ax 10×950 and so is the new but the new belt is toothed where the old belt isn't,.

The other numbers on the belts (incase these mean something to someone) are 02102017 8 66 (old) 02102017 8 61 (new).

Several of us in the marina have tried without succeedsuccess  and yes the alternator is adjusted all the way in.

Thanks for any help.

Pete

When I have changed our starter belt it has been very tight to get the new one on, had to “wind” it over the pulley edge.  The first time it thought it was not going to fit, but fine size wise once on.  If a 950 is very tight you could try using a 960.

Edited by john6767

Remove the mounting bolts on the alternator whilst you fit the belt, having grown a third hand first.

Once its is over the pulleys you will find that it fits, in use it will stretch a bit then next time it will be easier!

If it is too easy to fit you will soon run out of adjustment, there is precious little range of adjustment on some alternator mountings.

• Greenie 1