55cm LPG gas oven, hob, grill??

TandC

Featured Posts

I'm after any recommendations as to where to find a 55cm wide freestanding gas cooker - hob, grill, oven.  

Sodding typical in that the original New World model 55TWLG is no longer available and I built the kitchen to its 55cm width.   There seems hardly any 55cm models - some Zanussi ones but they have an electric grill which is no good to us.

Any ideas? 

Require 55cm width - gas oven, gas grill and x 4 hobs all with the required flame failure devices etc...  

I recently replaced my 15year old New World 55TWLG with a Bush AG56TW.

Google it and you should find some attractive prices delivered. The oven is a tad smaller than the New World but all in all, excellent.

One word of warning is that it only comes with one oven shelf and as an extra they're around 45 quid! Find  generic one.

James 

Thanks James - from a quick google that one looks only 50cm wide and that would leave a big gap, plus reduced size oven etc - so while I'm grateful for the recommendation I am not sure it'll fit.  

I'm also not sure what the situation is with converting a mains gas one to LPG - there seem to be lots of conversion kits, a set of jets for oven/hobs, which would be fine but I've read conflicting advice on whether they can all be converted.  There are Zanussi ones which would do if they can be converted

1 minute ago, Loddon said:

Thanks - i had looked at these.  I'd be happy to convert them if it's possible - just a case of changing the jets i think?  - but not sure if this is doable

It is just a case of changing jets if they are available and then checking the flame and adjusting.

Having said that Google tells me there is no LPG option for that cooker