Element for fuel filter Vetus 330VTEB

Featured Posts

Have you tried looking at inline filters website?  They have a very good equivalents finder.  

If it is not there as an equivalent, measure the main dimensions including the thread size/pitch and you can look up an equivalent that way.

You could also try online filters. They have a rep for being helpful.

Vetus are rather good at buying bespoke auxiliary items, and charging the earth for them though.  If you cannot find an equivalent it might be cheaper to swap your filter unit out with a Delphi 296 agglomeration filter.  Loads on line- just ensure you get one with a metal bowl and drain plug to keep BSS happy.

N

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, umpire111 said:

There’s a fuel filter already on the Beta 43 engine, is it usual to put a second inline fuel filter in?

If you are referring to BEngo's post Inline Filters is the company, if its a general question I have one just as it leaves the tank with a water separator so that it doesn't get shook up on the engine 

Yes it is quite normal to fit an agglomeration in line. In fact if you don't have one on a Beta engine and you have any fuel equipment issues you will not be covered by the warranty.

A filter agglomerator may not be the best water trap to put between the tank and lift pump because it uses a filter that will block more easily than an alternative and can not hold as much water and debris. That won't be a problem on a well maintained and clean system but on an older one I would fit a sedimenter in that position as recommended by CAV.

Looking at that now with a few more photos I will withdraw what I said earlier. I dont think it is a Racor filter. Also the quality does not look that good. I think I would go along with previous posters and remove and fit something more suitable with readily available parts. Call me cynical but Vetus do seem to sell various things that you cant cross reference, just to remove as much money as possible from the customer.

• Greenie 1

The Vetus manual

https://www.vetus.com/media/magentominds/sasdocument/20190604114543_0.pdf

recommends to change the filter annually or every 200 engine hours; which should help in deciding whether it's economical to retain it or fit a cheaper to service alternative.

Note that the manual shows the connection ports as M16x1.5 thread, whilst the specification on the web page shows some variants as M14x1.5. Not easy to tell which it is from the OPs original photo.

Edited by Eeyore

https://www.asap-supplies.com/products/drive-force-cav-fuel-filter-water-separator-45-lph-alloy-bowl-302006
You will need to change the fittings on the fuel hoses to suit the 1/2" UNF threads. They may be available elsewhere with M14 threads, which will be an easier install if the existing unit has M14.

Edited by Eeyore

You could use the CAV head as already suggested which is a filter and water trap. Or you could speak to Beta and buy one of there Wasp filters which has a course washable gauze filter and is also a water trap.

42 minutes ago, Eeyore said:

Shocked. But they have dumped a lot of special discounts in favour of an overall price reduction, about time too.

No longer Midland Swindlers?

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Shocked. But they have dumped a lot of special discounts in favour of an overall price reduction, about time too.

No longer Midland Swindlers?

Yes, all the materials to do the job for less than the price of a Vetus filter; and that includes the possibility of having to buy the metric threaded head as well. Looks like the job will pay for its self in a fairly short time.