Propane in short supply?

Tracy D'arth

Featured Posts

Ordered propane yesterday, wanted 3 bottles, only go one due to " shortage of bottles".

So why, If I take in 3 empty 13kg can I not have 3 full ones?   Or is the truth that the gas is in short supply?

Is it all a plot to reduce emissions like the no new gas boilers after 2025?

Me2, and they were a bit iffy about leaving me with the gas if I only had £35 in cash, its a PO, you would think they would accept online payment. Fortunately, I found  some small change to make the full payment. 

I reckon it's people hoarding bottles and filling them up at petrol station LPG point for onward sale.

Let's face it that's a lot cheaper than getting involved in the Calor gas cartel. 

Or fill them from one of those big land based bulk tanks.

Other theories exist including massive increase in popularity of caravanning due to foreign travel restrictions..

One of the London coal boats apparently pays £15 each for empty bottles. 

Edited by magnetman

57 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Ordered propane yesterday, wanted 3 bottles, only go one due to " shortage of bottles".

So why, If I take in 3 empty 13kg can I not have 3 full ones?   Or is the truth that the gas is in short supply?

I think it's the bottles that are in short supply. As it takes a few days to get your empty bottle back to calor, to refill it and then get it out to a retail supplier, if they let you have three exchange bottles that would be two other customers who get nothing.

32 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

There is a world shortage of LPf, due in lart to less oil being refined in the last 12 munths due to guess what.

On the other hand the diesel at the marina at the weekend was  a fresh batch and was 22p per litre cheaper than previously.

Lower price suggests  no shortage of diesel .  Perhaps that might that suggest the gas shortage may soon be resolved ?

7 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Assuming there really is a "gas shortage".

It does seem genuine  and appears to have been an issue for some months

https://www.rigzone.com/news/wire/lpg_market_faces_global_shortage-18-jan-2021-164360-article/#:~:text=The U.S. is responding to,of January%2C according to BloombergNEF.&text=The amount of propane and,in the week ended Jan.

20 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Im experiencing deja vu.......

Edited by The Happy Nomad