Aylesbury murder investigation launched after man found dead by Grand Union Canal

bigcol

Featured Posts

19 hours ago, haggis said:

It is very sad that this chap lost his life and I think it shows up the forum in a  bad light  that the thread has degenerated into a discussion on his status and pension income . The guy has lost his life let's show some respect

Haggis

Quite so.

We have been watching this topic, and some posting has been removed to keep it within the bounds of decency. 

On 02/05/2021 at 19:49, haggis said:

It is very sad that this chap lost his life and I think it shows up the forum in a  bad light  that the thread has degenerated into a discussion on his status and pension income . The guy has lost his life let's show some respect

Haggis

nobody is showing disrespect, people are pedant and argumentative here and every thread veers away from the topic naturally/organically.

2 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

nobody is showing disrespect, people are pedant and argumentative here and every thread veers away from the topic naturally/organically.

There is a time to be a pedant and argumentative but in my view it is not appropriate on this thread

Haggis

• Greenie 4

1 hour ago, haggis said:

There is a time to be a pedant and argumentative but in my view it is not appropriate on this thread

Haggis

And you are doing exactly the same thing, different people react in a different way to different situations, Just because someone isn't reacting in exactly the same way as you doesn't mean they are wrong.

Just now, rasputin said:

And you are doing exactly the same thing, different people react in a different way to different situations, Just because someone isn't reacting in exactly the same way as you doesn't mean they are wrong.

I was having similar thoughts.

1 hour ago, haggis said:

Haggis

I know its your view, I just wanted to reply/oppose to your post as many seem to agree with you(by the way of reaction) including a mod. There is nothing disrespectful in saying somebody is employee or volunteer(unless people think one is inferior to other). 

56 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

I know its your view, I just wanted to reply/oppose to your post as many seem to agree with you(by the way of reaction) including a mod. There is nothing disrespectful in saying somebody is employee or volunteer(unless people think one is inferior to other). 

Unless we know what the mods have removed thats a hard one to answer

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

Unless we know what the mods have removed thats a hard one to answer

I actually can't see that any posts have been removed, by that I mean the thread looks as 'intact' as it did last time I looked at it.

But then of course something disrespectful may have been posted since.

Edited by The Happy Nomad
One actually too many

• 3 weeks later...

acm.jpg.22d41717b902a42803c763aafc853dd8.jpg

Detectives are hoping a dogwalker holds key evidence about the murder of a retired police officer on the banks of the Grand Union Canal as they vowed to leave ‘no stone unturned’. 

Detectives investigating the murder have released a grainy image of a figure they believe could be a potential witness. 

The photograph shows a dog walker in the distance of the picture, near to the bridge. 

'The image we are releasing was taken at 12.10pm on 26 April, shortly before the incident took place, and shows someone who appears to be walking a dog along the towpath, near to Broughton Crossing, located very near to the car park on Broughton Lane.

'If you recognise this image to be you, or someone you may know, we would please ask that you contact us, as we believe that this person may have information relating to this investigation that could be very important.

Detective Chief Inspector Shearwood added: 'Anyone who can help is asked to call 101, or report online. Please quote reference 845 of 26/4 while doing so. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9599469/Detectives-release-picture-dog-walker-investigation-Grand-Union-Canal-murder.html

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

It's utterly tragic and senseless.

Can I just thank the forum members, who along with the site staff team, came forward to help the police with their investigation.  You know who you are.  These sort of enquiries need every blind alley exploring, even if just to rule them out. 

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

Here's hoping he actually does the full 35 years, then gets deported to Poland to finish his sentence there. I have a feeling neither of that will happen though.

Some soft sops on a parole board will probably take pity on him and let him out. He probably had a bad childhood and didnt realise what he was doing. There is good in everybody you know.

• Greenie 2

11 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Some soft sops on a parole board will probably take pity on him and let him out. He probably had a bad childhood and didnt realise what he was doing. There is good in everybody you know.

There’s a few hand wringing wets on here that would support that sadly. Personally I’d throw the key away or bury him in a box. 

• Greenie 1

32 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

Here's hoping he actually does the full 35 years, then gets deported to Poland to finish his sentence there. I have a feeling neither of that will happen though.

Ditto.

30 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

A Question.

My understanding, based though on NZ law, is that he has been sentenced to life Imprisonment. 

Also he has been subject to a minimum of 35 years before he can even get a hearing with the parole board.

The parole board may, or may not, after that 35 years grant him a hearing, and as a result of that hearing may or may not recommend conditional release.

Any release, ever, is only conditional, and these conditions are usually quite restrictive, and if not followed will result in a non appealable recall to prison.

Mind you if after 35 years they release and deport him, that will be a trade off of losing an ongoing financial liability against placing him beyond any further reach of the British Justice System 

Have I got it wrong?

A slight aside to this. When foreigners are convicted and recommended for deportation after their sentence, why are they not taken straight from prison to the airport and put on a plane out of the country straight away. There always seems to be an appeal process. Surley this could be completed while they are in prison.