Aylesbury murder investigation launched after man found dead by Grand Union Canal

bigcol

Featured Posts

15 minutes ago, DandV said:

Have I got it wrong?

Yes.

He has been sentenced to 35 years but can apply for parole after (around) 1/3 of the sentence has been served.

There is an automatic release after serving 50% of the 'tarrif'.

Proposals are to change it - particularly for terrorists.

Why do prisoners serve only half their sentence? - BBC News

11 minutes ago, frangar said:

Does anyone know if “Eastern European lady” sold the boat after the incident or indeed what happened to her….I wonder if someone brought a “unique boat”??

Krajewski / Wisniewski's address was given as Wharf Road, Birmingham, which is where the "unique boat" was moored.

• Greenie 1

22 minutes ago, frangar said:

Does anyone know if “Eastern European lady” sold the boat after the incident or indeed what happened to her….I wonder if someone brought a “unique boat”??

IIRC she was "East European lady" rather than "Eastern"....

But dunno answer to your question.

17 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Krajewski / Wisniewski's address was given as Wharf Road, Birmingham, which is where the "unique boat" was moored.

Yes I passed it there before the incident but it was then on Apolloduck after the incident…which I did inform plod about in case they weren’t aware…which I don’t think they were from the conversation I had…I believe it was then removed but not sure if that was plod or CRT

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Yes.

He has been sentenced to 35 years but can apply for parole after (around) 1/3 of the sentence has been served.

That is different from the NZ system.

For finite sentences, you have to be extremly incorrigible to serve full term with parole being perhaps available after 1/3rd time, and normally after 50% time.

But murder carries a mandatory life sentence, and the judge then applies, as part of the sentence,  subject to a minimum period, a period without parole, in which you will not even get a parole hearing.

We have cases who have been eligible, and have received parole hearings for over ten years now, but have not yet convinced the parole board that they do not still pose a significant risk to society.

Recalls to prison of lifers out on parole are not uncommon. 

This mandatory period without any hope of parole, can exceed 20 years.

The Christchurch Mosque murderer has actually been sentenced for life without any current mechanism for a future parole hearing. 

There are cases where arrangements are made to parole and then deport wanted  foreign nationals subjected to valid extradition orders directly into the custody agents of the government that had obtained the order. 

Any way back to the Aylesbury case. I am glad that good policing, and a good public response has removed  freedom from somebody who obviously has not deserved freedom for some years now. 

Clive was a friendly and familiar face to us cycling round wearing his life jacket, entering details on the iPad on his handlebars, and occaisionly asking if we had seen such and such a boat. Such a loss.  

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Yes.

It is just not true that he'll be able to apply for parole after a third of the 35 years.  For life sentences with a minimum term, parole cannot be granted until the minimum term has been served (the link you posted even makes this clear if you scroll down).

• Greenie 3

2 hours ago, frangar said:

I thought that he and Eastern European lady were travelling on the unique boat.  I passed them near Napton a couple of weeks before this incident and the boat was certainly that one.

1 hour ago, adam1uk said:

It is just not true that he'll be able to apply for parole after a third of the 35 years.  For life sentences with a minimum term, parole cannot be granted until the minimum term has been served (the link you posted even makes this clear if you scroll down).

So the best he can hope for is at least 35years at HMP,  then deportation to Poland, where they may well bang him up to serve the rest of his sentence there, plus perhaps a bit more, for doing a runner?

Good.

Edited by DandV

9 hours ago, frangar said:

She tried to sell it at a knockdown price quickly,  CRT and Police were informed. CRT then sectioned the boat swiftly and removed it from the canal, it was lifted out by Tuckeys.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

She tried to sell it at a knockdown price quickly,  CRT and Police were informed. CRT then sectioned the boat swiftly and removed it from the canal, it was lifted out by Tuckeys.

I wondered what happened to it after that. Haven’t seen it on the section 8 auction site etc. I also thought she had been charged with assisting an offender or something…but I’m not sure if that progressed. 

All in all a very sad affair that I know has had profound affects on how CRT operate licence checking etc. 

7 minutes ago, Troyboy said:

I know it is an emotive subject but I wonder if having been found guilty of murdering three people maybe it is time he was deprived of his own life . 

Naaaah, it could all be a mistake. He must be allowed to " Find God " and write a book on how he saw the light.

• Greenie 1