Aylesbury murder investigation launched after man found dead by Grand Union Canal

bigcol

Featured Posts

31 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

What is that supposed to mean?

Have you never paid tax??

It means he was a paid employee (who do pay as you earn) and not a volunteer who does not.

Edit - duplicated with TD

Edited by The Happy Nomad

1 hour ago, David Schweizer said:

What is that supposed to mean?

I'm with David on this.

He was an Employee, if his salary was sufficient he would pay "PAYE" if it wasn't he wouldn't.

You are not a PAYE if you are an employee. You pay PAYE if you earn enough.

You are not a Non-PAYE if you are a volunteer.

Just now, David Schweizer said:

Of course I know what PAYE means. What I was questioning was how could be be a a paye in relation to him being an "unpaid volunteer in that role" 

I think the point is he wasn't a volunteer.

Quite simple really. (except on here of course)

6 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I think the point is he wasn't a volunteer.

Quite simple really. (except on here of course)

Not that simple actually. I have just read through all the posts and there are several references to him being a volunteer, which does not attract any PAYE contributions. There are also several references to him "doing his job" but at no time is there any mention of him being paid for the job he was doing. When I was working for the Youth Service, I was responsible for overseeing hundreds of volunteeers all of whom did a job, but none of them were paid. Doing a job, and being payed are not neccessarily mutual equivalents.

Edited by David Schweizer

1 hour ago, David Schweizer said:

Not that simple actually. I have just read through all the posts and there are several references to him being a volunteer, which does not attract any PAYE contributions. There are also several references to him "doing his job" but at no time is there any mention of him being paid for the job he was doing. When I was working for the Youth Service, I was responsible for overseeing hundreds of volunteeers all of whom did a job, but none of them were paid. Doing a job, and being payed are not neccessarily mutual equivalents.

Thats why @Jon johan clarified it for you but you jumped in with a rather narly comment of 'what is that supposed to mean'? As if you didnt undestand what PAYE meant.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

13 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Thats why @Jon johan clarified it for you but you jumped in with a rather narly comment of 'what is that supposed to mean'? As if you didnt undestand what PAYE meant.

... and probably just missing a "d" ...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Iain_S said:

... and probably just missing a "d" ...

I have never come across the term PAYE in the context of are you PAYE'd or non-PAYE'd ?

When filling in forms for the census, etc, the question is normally are you :

Employed

Unemployed

Retired 

etc etc

Does this go back to the days of the Telegram where you paid per letter (less letters in PAYE than in EMPLOYED)

6 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

After 30 years as a Police officer he would have a decent pension, so more then likely doing it voluntary just to get out the house and keep active and not for the money as HMRC quickly take it off you when you make extra. I don’t know why people are going on about PAYE or Employee does it make any difference to the senseless murder of a decant man?

It makes no difference what so ever in the big scheme of things, of course it doesn't but it came up as a discussion point a to whether he had lost his life in the course of his employment or doing something voluntarily. 

Somehow IMHO it would be even harsher if he was voluntarily doing the job, as bad as it is of course.

10 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

After 30 years as a Police officer he would have a decent pension, so more then likely doing it voluntary just to get out the house and keep active and not for the money as HMRC quickly take it off you when you make extra. I don’t know why people are going on about PAYE or Employee, does it make any difference to the senseless murder of a decant man?

You are assuming he drew his pension. He could of deferred it 

3 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

What difference does it really make to a senseless murder? 

I didn't say it did. I was just trying to offer an answer to the people going on about his status.

37 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

It makes no difference what so ever in the big scheme of things, of course it doesn't but it came up as a discussion point a to whether he had lost his life in the course of his employment or doing something voluntarily. 

Somehow IMHO it would be even harsher if he was voluntarily doing the job, as bad as it is of course.

He was a “paid” worker. I’m ignoring the assumption mongerers and pedants.

On 27/04/2021 at 14:56, matty40s said:

There were 2 men when it came past Stowe Hill

20210413_083340.jpg

We went through some locks with this boat around 14 days back it has one heck of a loud Diesel outboard engine also a inboard electric motor. He was in front of us after we stopped for water on catching him up he was going so slow I caught them up he lost his rag that I wanted to pass as he was sooooo slow I was having to go into neutral so as not to run into him. My wife on talking to the women while working the lock thinks she was east European and was working in London the guy said he built the boat himself. Odd couple glad that we have not crossed locks with them since!

• Greenie 1

25 minutes ago, Oddjob said:

We went through some locks with this boat around 14 days back it has one heck of a loud Diesel outboard engine also a inboard electric motor. He was in front of us after we stopped for water on catching him up he was going so slow I caught them up he lost his rag that I wanted to pass as he was sooooo slow I was having to go into neutral so as not to run into him. My wife on talking to the women while working the lock thinks she was east European and was working in London the guy said he built the boat himself. Odd couple glad that we have not crossed locks with them since!

Might be worth passing such info on to the police 

• Greenie 2

2 hours ago, Oddjob said:

You should definitely tell the police about this.

• Greenie 1

On 29/04/2021 at 20:01, nicknorman said:

The suspect is in hospital. No explanation why. But he hasn’t been charged, which is odd. I suggest perhaps it is a psychiatric hospital and he has been sectioned.

he has been charged:

https://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/news/thames-valley/news/2021/april/26-04-2021/man-charged-in-murder-investigation--aylesbury/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Orlo

Just now, haggis said:

It is very sad that this chap lost his life and I think it shows up the forum in a  bad that the thread has degenerated into a discussion on his status and pension income . The guy has lost his life let's show some respect

Haggis

Agreed! 

• Greenie 2