Aylesbury murder investigation launched after man found dead by Grand Union Canal

bigcol

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, nicknorman said:

The suspect is in hospital. No explanation why. But he hasn’t been charged, which is odd. I suggest perhaps it is a psychiatric hospital and he has been sectioned.

I was concerned that might be the case…I truly hope not as there won’t be any justice….

9 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

The suspect is in hospital. No explanation why. But he hasn’t been charged, which is odd. I suggest perhaps it is a psychiatric hospital and he has been sectioned.

The BBC says the is in hospital under police guard.   Would he be under police guard if sectioned and in a psychiatric hospital.

2 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

If anybody decides to organise a canal-side memorial to this chap, I would happily contribute a small sum.

Yes. I usually make a point of avoiding all the fundraising websites etc but I would make an exception in this case.

Just now, Jerra said:

The BBC says the is in hospital under police guard.   Would he be under police guard if sectioned and in a psychiatric hospital.

Not normally no.

There has been no news of the woman who was  arrested on Monday on suspicion of assisting an offender and perverting the course of justice.

The police can only hold her in custody for one more day without charging her, before having to apply to the court for more time.

8 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

If anybody decides to organise a canal-side memorial to this chap, I would happily contribute a small sum.

Something like this is where I believe crowd funding works at its best, instead of the usual  "lets stump some money for a new boat for Fred who got drunk one night and didn't have insurance"   ... the family would have to be approached first, via CRT perhaps. 

Edited by Chagall
bad grammar

2 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Not normally no.

That is what I suspected, however it then makes you wonder how he was injured.  I suppose in due course assuming a charge is brought followed by a trial all will become clear.

Edited by Jerra

Just now, nbfiresprite said:

There has been no news of the woman who was  arrested on Monday on suspicion of assisting an offender and perverting the course of justice.

The police can only hold her in custody for one more day without charging her, before having to apply to the court for more time.

She's out on police bail.

2 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

I thought she was out of custardy 

Just now, nicknorman said:

Even if he’d just murdered someone?

I think we are getting ahead of ouselves here.

But if he has been sectioned to a mental health facility it would usually be a secure facility that wouldnt normally have a police presence.

1 minute ago, nbfiresprite said:

He may have been injuryed when his victim defended himself from the attack. Hence in hospital for treatment with a police guard.

Or he realised the deep poo he was in and tried to top himself.

8 minutes ago, frangar said:

There will be many victims…the poor mans family for a start.  

I'm in the locality and it seems everyone here knew Clive. He was a beat bobby in Tring for many years and was well known and respected as a proper good guy.

I just knew him as the guy who went up and down the towpath on his bike taking boat numbers, but he was a familiar friendly face. He was an unpaid volunteer in that role. People say he just loved working outdoors meeting people and that sounds about right.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Jerra said:

No. Looked after by  nursing staff, but he would have to go to court for a preliminary order first.  For murder in such cases they would be remanded to healthcare wing of remand prison, assessed and then extricated for further assessment in a secure unit, if needed.

With murder you take very deep breath before you do any recommending believe me. Any hint of mental illness concern and the barristers are off.

We used to see all murderers in the cells at first court appearance. All were disturbed in some way.