Aylesbury murder investigation launched after man found dead by Grand Union Canal

bigcol

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, frangar said:

I’m not sure this is something to make a joke over...myself and others are just commenting on pieces of evidence as we see them. Indeed we don’t know if that boat and it’s crew are the innocent party...maybe never will. The tragic fact remains that a chap lost his life just trying to do his job. No amount of justice will be enough for his friends & family. 

Agreed and posts have been hidden

1 minute ago, frangar said:

I’m not sure this is something to make a joke over...myself and others are just commenting on pieces of evidence as we see them. Indeed we don’t know if that boat and it’s crew are the innocent party...maybe never will. The tragic fact remains that a chap lost his life just trying to do his job. No amount of justice will be enough for his friends & family. 

hi yes I agree with you Franger I will delete the post 

• Greenie 4

2 minutes ago, frangar said:

I’m trying to delete post and have asked moderators to remove

sorry for any upset cause

• Greenie 1

16 minutes ago, frangar said:

One seems to be for the outboard and I guess the other is for the non fitted inboard....There also seems to be a large outboard in bits and upsidedown in the well deck on the BBC pic..

And it seems to have been hastily tied up with an overtight centre line.

1 minute ago, adam1uk said:

The police tell me the canal may not be open until Thursday.

Divers?

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

And it seems to have been hastily tied up with an overtight centre line.

Divers?

Its on a lock landing, I often tied up with just a centreline if transiting a lock.

Maybe thats the reason?

1 hour ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Its on a lock landing, I often tied up with just a centreline if transiting a lock.

Maybe thats the reason?

It’s not on a lock landing, it’s just off the landing — and it wasn’t tied like that at the time of the incident.

There are still forensic searches going on; I don’t know about divers, but it’s a possibility I suppose.

edited to add, it wasn’t on the lock landing when we came past a few minutes after the incident, but it is now.

Edited by adam1uk

13 minutes ago, adam1uk said:

It’s not on a lock landing, it’s just off the landing — and it wasn’t tied like that at the time of the incident.

There are still forensic searches going on; I don’t know about divers, but it’s a possibility I suppose.

It sure looks like its on a lock landing to me, all be it on the very last/first bollard.

1_SDR_BRK_260421aylesburymurder_03jfif.jpg

0_SDR_BRK_260421aylesburymurder_01jfif.jpg

134527396_Screenshot_20210427-104400_BBCNews.jpg.f85d4d4e8652f45ed7d795406d15668c.jpg

Edited by The Happy Nomad

I'm moored nearby and I know the CRT data collector. He's always been very nice to me.

This is a terrible thing to happen and I just want to send my love to the guy's family and friends at this time.

10 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

It sure looks like its on a lock landing to me, all be it on the very last/first bollard.

1_SDR_BRK_260421aylesburymurder_03jfif.jpg

0_SDR_BRK_260421aylesburymurder_01jfif.jpg

That picture is deceptive. It's not on the lock landing. I know because I've been walking past that stupid boat every day.

• Love 1

Arrest made:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56888615

Two arrests have been made by investigators.

A man, of no fixed address, is being held on suspicion of murder.

A woman, 41, from Birmingham, was arrested on Monday on suspicion of assisting an offender and perverting the course of justice.

Edited by Sir Percy
additional text

4 minutes ago, Izz said:

I'm moored nearby and I know the CRT data collector. He's always been very nice to me.

This is a terrible thing to happen and I just want to send my love to the guy's family and friends at this time.

That picture is deceptive. It's not on the lock landing. I know because I've been walking past that stupid boat every day.

Clearly there appears to be a difference of opinion on what constitutes a lock landing then. If there are four, five or six bollards on the approach to a lock and none prior to it Ive always regarded the bollards as being there for the purposes of mooring one or more boats in order to operate the lock.

It might explain why some boaters moor on them not realising they are inconvenienceing other boaters.

Just now, The Happy Nomad said:

Clearly there appears to be a difference of opinion on what constitutes a lock landing then. If there are four, five or six bollards on the approach to a lock and none prior to it Ive always regarded the bollards as being there for the purposes of mooring one or more boats in order to operate the lock.

It might explain why some boaters moor on them not realising they are inconvenienceing other boaters.

As I added above, it’s on the lock landing now but it wasn’t at the time of the incident.

2 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I walk past it every day. If it was on the lock landing I'd notice because it annoys me when people do that.

1 minute ago, Izz said:

I walk past it every day. If it was on the lock landing I'd notice because it annoys me when people do that.

Yes  I think its been clarified it wasnt on the lock landing at the time of the incident but is now, which the pictures clearly show.

44 minutes ago, Izz said:

Think the checker I spoke to today was a bit shook up by it and understandably so. They are just guys doing a job...the rules are as few as they are are easy to comply with....certainly not worth killing someone over. It’s no wonder part of the new licence t & c are about threats etc towards staff. The perpetrator best feel the full weight of the law. It’s a sad day when CRT staff need bodycams and stab vests.