GU towpath opposite Kate Boats Stockton

Featured Posts

The towpath opposite Kate boats is only wide enough for two people with a steep bank rising away from the towpath.

I was walking the dog towards Birdingbury Wharf (The Boat Inn) when a cyclist approached. Belle is okay with bikes providing they go past her slowly (she is always on a lead when out).

As the cyclist got nearer I asked quite politely for him to slow down.

The reply "Oh I was just getting up to speed."

I must add, I did meet several other cyclists, on the walk, who warned me of their approach when coming from behind me and pooch.

7 minutes ago, Ray T said:

The towpath opposite Kate boats is only wide enough for two people with a steep bank rising away from the towpath.

I was walking the dog towards Birdingbury Wharf (The Boat Inn) when a cyclist approached. Belle is okay with bikes providing they go past her slowly (she is always on a lead when out).

As the cyclist got nearer I asked quite politely for him to slow down.

The reply "Oh I was just getting up to speed."

I must add, I did meet several other cyclists, on the walk, who warned me of their approach when coming from behind me and pooch.

What a shame it would (not) have been if she'd lunged at him, tipping him and his bike into the cut.

• 1 month later...