water tank

haza

Featured Posts

hi every one i hope all is well .well i think its time i redone my fresh water tank .i was wondering if there was any new products out there on the market since i last done it .thanks in advance regards

When this came up a while ago I said that bitumen paint is no longer approved for drinking water tanks. Someone replied with a link to a manufacturer's website or data sheet saying their product was not certified for use in new tanks, but was ideal for recoating tanks previously painted with bitumen. I can't now remember which manufacturer/product that was, but a forum search might find it.

5 minutes ago, David Mack said:

When this came up a while ago I said that bitumen paint is no longer approved for drinking water tanks. Someone replied with a link to a manufacturer's website or data sheet saying their product was not certified for use in new tanks, but was ideal for recoating tanks previously painted with bitumen. I can't now remember which manufacturer/product that was, but a forum search might find it.

A google search was quicker

https://www.boatpaint.co.uk/acatalog/Rylards_Water_Tank_Coating_.html

7 hours ago, haza said:

thanks .every one i will get some rylards i think thats my best option thanks again 

We used it on the boat we bought last year. Tank had been very neglected and took several days to clean up properly. Rylards went on beautifully and has been very successful. Tank is still looking immaculate (emptied and dried it over the winter).