Cam lobes

Jrtm

Featured Posts

I need some help only applies to national engine as believe rn is diffrent.

I have 4 sets of cam shafts with there lobes, 1 or 1/2 set is def rn camshaft and the rn is diffrent.

Now anyone who has a national can you check what cam lobe they have on which side of there engine?

It's a 5 min job if you take the inlet side crank case cover off and shine a torch in there are 2 lobes on the camshaft its either quite pointy or more rounded can you photo the lobe and post it up please.

Reason I ask is I have 2 shafts luckly stamped but the setup seams to go against normal engine building and rn seam to be the other way round. Please see my pics and you'll see the diffrence

20210404_105850.jpg

20210404_105844.jpg

3 hours ago, OptedOut said:

I would suspect the cam which gives the longest valve opening time will operate the inlet valves.

Yes you would think so wouldn't you, as an engine builder this was my thought, and from what I can tell is how rm built there's as I know I have an rn exhaust side shaft.

However this would not seam to be on a national, I have 2 set both with inlet and exhaust stamped with it the other way round and my pics above are inlet on the left.

The lift seams to be around the same but the lobes are diffrent, hence I want to see what others are.