Accumulator tank pressure

Kalapattar

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Chagall said:

Are you back over the Ribble? ...how did it go? 

Oh yeah, I was supposed to call in and say hello on my way past!

Yes, moored at Burscough at the moment.  Trip was a doddle as usual but it was a high tide day so a little bit lumpier water than normal.  Pitching and yawing feels very odd on a narrow boat!

If you fancy a pint or a brew let me know and we'll meet up.

• Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...

Measure the volume of water delivered at the rose at the showering temperature. If its around 2 gallons a minute its enough. What are you trying to achieve? Boats do not have power showers, Morco heaters can only heat so much water at a time, higher flow = lower temperature.

27 minutes ago, Kalapattar said:

Hi! Shower hot water flow not powerful enough! 
turning up water temp on boiler and mixing cold to required temp must be the only way to achieve this I suppose!

Err, yes, that's what shower mixer valves are made for, not just hanging soap-on-a rope on

49 minutes ago, Kalapattar said:

Hi! Shower hot water flow not powerful enough! 
turning up water temp on boiler and mixing cold to required temp must be the only way to achieve this I suppose!

Turning up the temperature on the Morco will reduce the flow.

A Morco will only heat the water by ~25 degrees above its input temperature so, if you water is 10 degrees in your tank, then whatever you do it will never heat the output water higher than ~35 degrees.

9 minutes ago, Kalapattar said:

Yes I understand that. I’m trying to make hot water more efficient and use less gas

I’m trying to increase hot water supply under pressure to make a more powerful supply

1 minute ago, Kalapattar said:

I’m trying to increase hot water supply under pressure to make a more powerful supply

11 minutes ago, Kalapattar said:

Yes I understand that. I’m trying to make hot water more efficient and use less gas

Those 2 aims are contradictory! You can't do both!

Mr K, learn exactly how such heaters work and then you will know your chances of doing anything to improve your shower experience are not far short of zero. They deliberately restrict the water flow to get the water hotter and the time the water spends in the heat exchanger is very short so it will never absorb that much heat. You can have a reasonable (but nowhere near domestic showers) flow of neat cold water or a low flow of hotter water. Thats it.

If you want a better shower then it will be expensive and use more gas. You are talking a gas or diesel boiler and calorifier plus the electricity to run them with 22mm pipe work.

14 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Mr K, learn exactly how such heaters work and then you will know your chances of doing anything to improve your shower experience are not far short of zero. They deliberately restrict the water flow to get the water hotter and the time the water spends in the heat exchanger is very short so it will never absorb that much heat. You can have a reasonable (but nowhere near domestic showers) flow of neat cold water or a low flow of hotter water. Thats it.

If you want a better shower then it will be expensive and use more gas. You are talking a gas or diesel boiler and calorifier plus the electricity to run them with 22mm pipe work.

Ok, gas pipe is 15mm

12 minutes ago, Kalapattar said:

Ok, gas pipe is 15mm

So?

Nothing to do with water from the shower and large enough to supply sufficient gas to the water heater.

The 22mm is to minimise friction losses in the water supply to  the shower.

12 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

So?

Nothing to do with water from the shower and large enough to supply sufficient gas to the water heater.

The 22mm is to minimise friction losses in the water supply to  the shower.

Ok, I thought you were stating gas pipe

1 hour ago, Kalapattar said:

Ok, I thought you were stating gas pipe

No, I am sure 1/2 is ample to get sufficient as to the heater. The problem is the heater can not do what you want so unless you change the hot water system you are stuck with what you have got and you need to live with it.