Spam pm

MrsM

Featured Posts

Just had a spam pm. Presume loads of people had these. I've clicked on the report button. Is there anything else I need to do? (I didn't click on the web link in the message as I've decided not to become a bitcoin millionaire today).

• Greenie 3

Just now, MrsM said:

Just had a spam pm. Presume loads of people had these. I've clicked on the report button. Is there anything else I need to do? (I didn't click on the web link in the message as I've decided not to become a bitcoin millionaire today).

Not just me then. Ive just reported it and will delete it when the mods deal with it.

These have been arriving overnight in force: we've had over 90 reports so far, a number of them, like Dave's, from members who rarely post. I've been going through them this morning and they all appear to be coming from three people (who could, I suppose, all be the same person). All three have now been banned.

Just now, Athy said:

These have been arriving overnight in force: we've had over 90 reports so far, a number of them, like Dave's, from members who rarely post. I've been going through them this morning and they all appear to be coming from three people (who could, I suppose, all be the same person). All three have now been banned.

Thanks Athy

A thankless task - potentially playing "Whackamole" - any common factors (IP Address)?

• Greenie 3

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

How come as new members with no posts they were able to use the PM system? Has there been a hacking or has someone changed the restriction on new members PMing until they have made posts.

Edited by Rob-M
  • Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, 1st ade said:

A thankless task - potentially playing "Whackamole" - any common factors (IP Address)?

They show different e-mail addresses, but all are coming from Mali in West Africa.

I got one from new member called Braks. I reported it before I found this post. I rarely post. The good thing is that it's reminded me that Canal World exists. Every now and then I do a bit of family history research so visit then. Every cloud....

• Greenie 1

They were Terexus, Braks and Orange 15.

Could members PLEASE stop reporting them now? As you can see, we're aware of the problem. Each report has to be deleted individually, I've done over 90 of them this morning and my fingers are starting to ache!

5 minutes ago, Athy said:

Could members PLEASE stop reporting them now? As you can see, we're aware of the problem. Each report has to be deleted individually, I've done over 90 of them this morning and my fingers are starting to ache!

Oops - sorry.  Reported before I read this thread

Ha! Well I've just invested all my money in Orange thingy's generous offer so when you see a really big new shiny boat glide past your window that'll be me. (No, really, just don't!)

• Greenie 1

16 minutes ago, Athy said:

Sorry, just reported one, hadn't seen this thread.

fwiw some forum softwares have the ability to remove all spam posts & messages. Not sure if Invision has that or if there is an add-on which does so (Xenforo does)

42 minutes ago, Athy said:

I'm just going to send you a message to say that I havnt had any Spam for breakfast.

• Haha 1