Emergency oil burner trick.

CompairHolman

Featured Posts

Run out of coal ?

Coal boat not due for a week ?

Tin can 3/4 full of ash and top up with old Diesel, old brush cleaner or used oil ( which you collected from the bins for free because you're crafty ) . Warm it up with some kindling or a gas torch and away you go. Bigger the can the more heat, a catering size tin is good. 

20210415_172451.jpg.22bd3d659d820316ed58e3c373218253.jpg

Not sure we should leave just "brush cleaner" as it is, some might be volatile spirit based and I would hate to think what might happen as you tried to light a fire around that. However the petrol can stoves used during WW2 in the desert seemed to burn petrol so it may not be as bad as I fear it might be.

41 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Not sure we should leave just "brush cleaner" as it is, some might be volatile spirit based and I would hate to think what might happen as you tried to light a fire around that. However the petrol can stoves used during WW2 in the desert seemed to burn petrol so it may not be as bad as I fear it might be.

These petrol can stoves (Benghazi cooker) would be filled 3/4 full with sand before adding the petrol.

24 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

These petrol can stoves (Benghazi cooker) would be filled 3/4 full with sand before adding the petrol.

I have maybe 5/10 litres of foul diesel and I was wondering about trying this, using ash to replace the sand

31 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

A Kaffir Kettle is such as this, except using diesel or turps instead of petrol is very useful to stand a can of bitumen in so that it goes on more easily.