Leicester Castle Gardens Moorings.

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

Hello.. Not a stoppage as such, had a notification today that for twelve weeks CRT are working on the above moorings from, I think 19th April.

Doesn’t actual state the moorings are not in use but just to say that navigation is still open and to take care etc.

So, my question is, does anyone know if the moorings are usable. We plan to travel through Leicester during this period.

Thank You Martyn

Edited by Nightwatch

If not, there are moorings about 500 yards further North which is a pontoon with electric and water provision. 

The same boats have been moored there for the last 12 months, but hopefully CRT will gently help them remove their umbilical link to the city centre and encourage their CC a activities to recomence.

47 minutes ago, matty40s said:

If not, there are moorings about 500 yards further North which is a pontoon with electric and water provision. 

The same boats have been moored there for the last 12 months, but hopefully CRT will gently help them remove their umbilical link to the city centre and encourage their CC a activities to recomence.

Thanks for that. I did know about the newer moorings further on. We went that was 2.5 years ago and there was a chap moored there who had a broken leg. We chatted for a while but his broken leg didn’t seem to give him much grief. I may be mistaken though. (Disclaimer).

8 hours ago, matty40s said:

Is the electric now turned on and usable by all. Was setup for MeterMacs.