Crick 2021

baldlimey

Featured Posts

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Andyaero said:

Hi, anyone know if once in, u can leave and re enter, in order to check into hotel Saturday afternoon? Thanks

When we used to go you certainly could. I did for the exact same reason as you. We were booked into the Holiday Inn just up the road.

PS - if you can make sure you book viewings on any particular boats you may be interested in. Given the demand for boating this year I suspect demand for viewings will be high too.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

Thanks all, yes now I remember last time we went we got a wristband. Doing 2 days of it this year as we are now serious future buyers rather than just having a nosey! 

Yeah, booked the Ibis already, the slightly closer Holiday Inn was full!

Is it worth going for more than one day? Hoped my better half would be fobbed off by the Virtual Crick i got her tickets for, but it was massively underwhelming, and she still wants to attend a proper one :( 

I’m just concerned we’ll see everything in one day and be bored

• Greenie 1
  • Sad 1

It's an "event", and with real people and real products.

There is live music and a good beer tent.

No, I wouldn't spend more than one day there as I already own a boat and work on many, so I know what most of the kit does and how it works, I also don't really want to walk through lots of show boats as I am not interested in the latest tech or reverse layout in grecian marble as I will probably end up fixing them soon so see what goes on underneath for free.

As a day out, yes, especially if wanting to buy a new boat.

As a 3 day festival for boat owners....I really cant see the attraction.

Rickmansworth is far more fun.

Alvecote, especially if you have an old boat or interest.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

Is it worth going for more than one day? Hoped my better half would be fobbed off by the Virtual Crick i got her tickets for, but it was massively underwhelming, and she still wants to attend a proper one :( 

I’m just concerned we’ll see everything in one day and be bored

From memory I think we felt the same, going in the second day on the second time we went did feel like a waste of a day.

The only real reason to go two days would be if you couldnt get to see all the boats one wanted to see in one day. This happened to us the first time we went.

(On an unrelated note I also remember repeated tannoy calls for dog owners to get their stupid sorry backsides back to their cars to rescue their over heating dogs.)

We won a 3 day camping pass in the camper, we stayed the one night as it threw it down, enjoyed the music though and we had G & Ts in our water bottles [1 litre] so no fighting for the bar. The next day started raining again so went to a mates in Crick had dinner and went home

The thing that got me was apart from new boats for sale that you had to book for there was very little boat related stuff there. Greeting cards, sweets cake, fancy bits like lots of shows.

Edited by ditchcrawler