Shureflo 4029 water pump

Featured Posts

Any idea why this keeps cycling even after taps turned off? It works fine but when I turn taps off it keeps running but not at same Iintensity as when I have taps on. Checked filter bowl, ok and can’t find any leaks? Could it be the pressure switch and can I adjust it?

Or that the PRV on the calorifier is letting by and that may be discharging overboard.

If you can run the pump up to pressure and then quickly turn the water supply main shot off valve off then if the cycling stops or slows down considerably its probably the pump valves, if it stays the same it's either the PRV letting by or a leak. Only the other day we had a similar question and were assured there were no leaks. After some time the questioner come back and confirmed he had found one but I think he had to remove bed boards and such like to follow the pipework.

On 11/04/2021 at 16:27, umpire111 said:

Any idea why this keeps cycling even after taps turned off? It works fine but when I turn taps off it keeps running but not at same Iintensity as when I have taps on. Checked filter bowl, ok and can’t find any leaks? Could it be the pressure switch and can I adjust it?

I have just replaced one in my van with exactly the same issue - the new one worked properly when I set it all up to test it, but did what you describe when screwed home. I discovered that the connectors have tapered threads - I had given the filter a tiny turn to facilitate visual inspection. No leaks, but it was sucking in air which caused the lower intensity hum that you describe...