Sustainable Boating and CountryFile

Up-Side-Down

Featured Posts

It looks as though CountryFile has escaped media re-scheduling due to the Duke of Edinburgh's death.

At 18.00 the programme is doing a piece documenting the road inland waterways boaters will travel towards a future of carbon neutral boating. This draws on the work of the IWA Sustainable Boating Group and although Boris and Nicola's edicts preventing us from turning up at Braunston mob-handed, the IWA Chairman (who lives locally) was well briefed and will ably present the picture. The usual caveat is, of course, that we have no editorial control and although we've been subject to a barrage of questions over the past month or so from the BBC production team, just how they will stack up our answers and observations is anyone's guess ...........

10 minutes ago, rustynewbery said:

I saw the clip last Sunday, Tom Heap also did a piece last year featuring The Folly at Napton with landlord Mark.

He didn't have to travel far to do that one,  The Folly is his local.

28 minutes ago, Loddon said:

"We can plant up the canal and get countryside in the city, maybe even attract otters into the city"

My mother told me it was on...I said now I’m Middle Aged if I watched it the chance of a stress related heart attack would be greatly increased. I sounds like I was correct. 

51 minutes ago, buccaneer66 said:

All the restoration societies where obviously doing nothing.

my comment posted on the other thread:

Wow!

I never realised how little I knew about the canals.

I never knew that the canals fell into disrepair after commercial use dried up, and only the intervention of CRT allowed the canals to be brought back from a state of dereliction, which has all been achieved since 2012. Apparently the efforts of the hundreds of thousands of enthusiasts who actually restored so many canals, such as the K&A, was just a bad dream.

I never knew that frogspawn appears in ponds "and the frogs are not far behind". The diver/reporter showed the frogs mating among clouds of frogspawn. I guess I need to revise my understanding of the birds, frogs and bees.

Like the disastrous BBC coverage of the Jubilee parade on the Thames, the final programme was clearly ruined by the clever just-out-of-nappies producers who edit and sequence the input to produce an entirely misleading scenario. WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOX!!

High time the BBC was made to be competitive and to finance itself through sponsorship and advertising (but I'll bet that CRT wrote the script about the history of the canals).  Why should we pay a licence fee to be presented with a load of propaganda rubbish?
Edited by Murflynn
  • Greenie 1