Dodgy Ebay Seller?

David Mack

Featured Posts

41 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

reporting the listings is like whack-a-mole, you need to report the seller. i clicked through the eBay Safety Centre page and went for the Contact Us option only to be told their server is down, yet oddly everything else works ?

You would think though reporting one listing as potential fraud/dodgy would lead them to check his others and just close the whole lot down.

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

reporting the listings is like whack-a-mole,

Though I grew up only about 30 miles from Huddersfield (and stayed quite often with our friends in Almondbury) I've never met that expression before. I assume it's a Huddsism? I guess it means "very difficult", as in "knitting sawdust"?

38 minutes ago, Athy said:

Though I grew up only about 30 miles from Huddersfield (and stayed quite often with our friends in Almondbury) I've never met that expression before. I assume it's a Huddsism? I guess it means "very difficult", as in "knitting sawdust"?

Whack-a-mole is a fairground game where there are a series oh holes and a 'mole' pops up at random and you have to hit it with a mallet, it just keeps on 'popping up' all over the place and you can never find it.

Donald Trump's Game of Whack-a-Mole on Energy and Climate | Greentech Media

here is a kiddies version :

Whack A Mole Game Fast Reflexes Wack A Mole Game Counting Score Wackamole Game Language Learning Musical Whack Mole Game With Soft Hammer Whack-a-mole Educational Toy For Kids Toddlers Children Boys: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

44 minutes ago, Athy said:

48 minutes ago, Athy said:

I was trying to inject a bit of international flavour, i think the game originates from Japan. Its just a metaphor for an ultimately endless exercise, you keep whacking the moles but more pop up, you report the ads/sellers but more appear. They like the phrase across the pond, so i’ve obviously been watching too much Netflix recently.

All you can do is report the ones you spot and hope you save some poor sod from getting fleeced out of their hard-earned folding.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Hudds Lad said:

They like the phrase across the pond, so i’ve obviously been watching too much Netflix recently.

Don't the Mexicans eat something spicy called whackamole?

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Athy, you never cease to surprise me with the gaps in your knowledge of popular culture. ?

Even the Prime Minister has used the expression:

https://news.sky.com/video/coronavirus-prime-minister-says-well-be-doing-whack-a-mole-on-local-flare-ups-11986745

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Loddon said:

If you look through his listings many of them are now at silly prices, some people obviously got organised ?

But as he says he doesn't look at ebay messages he probably doesn't look at bids either.

Anyway, I can trump some bidder's £66,000 auction bid by paying the £3,300 buy now price can't I?

?

16 minutes ago, David Mack said:

But as he says he doesn't look at ebay messages he probably doesn't look at bids either.

Anyway, I can trump some bidder's £66,000 auction bid by paying the £3,300 buy now price can't I?

?

let us know how you get on with that ?

18 minutes ago, David Mack said:

?

And Ebay's algorithms can't recognise what I think is an open breach of their terms and conditions?  Says it all about Ebay really.

5 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

I have reported too but still no action... guess ebay deserves the bad reputation they got(bit dodgy)... compare that to amazon 3rd party sellers who will do everything to make you happy

Not true of some in the far east. Even when Amazon instructs them to refund they refuse unless the product is returned to them where Amazon and the seller knows that whatever the Ministry of Agriculture's latest name is has destroyed them as in illegal and undocumented import into the UK/EU.

23 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Not true of some in the far east. Even when Amazon instructs them to refund they refuse unless the product is returned to them where Amazon and the seller knows that whatever the Ministry of Agriculture's latest name is has destroyed them as in illegal and undocumented import into the UK/EU.

hmm.. may be but I have not yet have a single bad experience with amazon(many from chinese sellers, only dodgy thing they seem to do is to ask for 5* review in return for something)

btw on ebay, I tried and could not find any posting, looks like they have removed them all... but have not banned the seller.

45 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

hmm.. may be but I have not yet have a single bad experience with amazon(many from chinese sellers, only dodgy thing they seem to do is to ask for 5* review in return for something)

btw on ebay, I tried and could not find any posting, looks like they have removed them all... but have not banned the seller.

If it is a hijacked account why ban the seller?

1 hour ago, restlessnomad said:

They have probably restored the account to the original eBayer

• 1 month later...