My Eberspacher... pleased with it...(how strange)

Bobbybass

Featured Posts

Last year I obtained this old Eber from a van...and fitted it to my boat. 

Was pleased with how it ran...but being bored in lockdown I brought it home and reworked it.

I had the header tank separate from it...but wanted the whole assembly in one place.

Trouble was that the header tank would have been a nuisance as it would have been in the way of the engine hatch.

This photo shows the whole unit laying at 90 degrees to where it would be. The thick brown board bolts right through the side of the boat.

As you can see, I have now used a low level tank from an Audi. I have mounted this on a kitchen drawer runner which is extended in the photo.

When the tank is pushed back it's locked with a bolt...thus it is tucked back under my rear deck out of the way.

The tank feeds the inlet of the water pump which is at the lowest point.

The exhaust ( not shown ) is a proper stainless ...sealed marine unit. 

it's now simple to remove the entire assembly for service and repair. 

I rewired the unit and originally had a thermostat...but only use it for a few hours so replaced that with a simple on)off.

It powers two radiators in the hall...one small radiator in the bathroom plus a bathroom blow heater which makes it red hot....a blow heater in the lounge ...and the calorifier.

Simple unbolt from boat..one each inlet/outlet pipes...4 wires ..fuel.. exhaust..and it's all out and can be run on the bench.

Whole system including pipes and rads..£400

Enjoy .!...(and criticise...?)

received_1356552554723706.jpeg

11 minutes ago, matty40s said:

You know in another 80 years at one of those stationary engine shows, this will probably be on row 11, stand 5

Well....to be honest with you.....I was so proud of the pipework that I took some Braso to it...

???

5 minutes ago, Bobbybass said:

Well....to be honest with you.....I was so proud of the pipework that I took some Braso to it...

???

Shine your buttons with Brasso
     It's only three ha'pence a tin
     You can buy it or whip it from Woolworths
     But I don't think they've got any in.

24 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Shine your buttons with Brasso
     It's only three ha'pence a tin
     You can buy it or whip it from Woolworths
     But I don't think they've got any in.

???