Let The Madness Commence. April 12th.

Victor Vectis

Featured Posts

From last Wednesday it has been busy here. Probably took a couple of days for the hire fleets to reach us.

As Mrs Moorhen appears to have abandoned her nest (she has been moving the nest building materials of the boat and carrying them off somewhere) I'm hoping to get out soon.

Edited by cuthound
Phat phingers
  • Greenie 4

5 hours ago, MartynG said:

It seems most people have only been out of the marina for a short test run or in some cases a number of short test runs . Not the mad rush for freedom that I had expected.

Marinas have been doing a roaring trade in replacement batteries.

MP.

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

5 hours ago, MartynG said:

In the meantime a drop of rain (overnight of course ) would be welcome.

Definitely!  We are solid on the bottom on the soar, even our tiny boat is, and she's not fully fitted yet! Water required please! (I wasn't saying that over winter!)

Our batteries were clearly dead after 4 years with the voltmeter in the living room showing 11.9 volts after 3 hrs boating  and 1 hours tv post tying up.

. Didnt ring true, so I plugged in a usb charging plug with a built in voltmeter. Hmm  suddenly 12.6 on both meters.

10 mins later ( and one desiccated  spider removed) , Ill put the batteries off for another year or so.

On 17/04/2021 at 19:49, Philip said:

Does anyone know how the Shropshire Union has been in recent days (south of Nantwich)?

Pretty quiet, took the boat out for an amble after some major works, busy around Nantwich over the weekend with a few traders doing good business but in general between Hurleston and Audlem there is very little moving. Suprised me how quiet some of the popular weekend mooring spots were.

About two months ago I was in the brink of buying a new clump of batteries. Most mornings were less that 12v. Reasonably quick to recharge (according to victron). Anyway been doing a bit more boating and running engine for longer and the solar doing its job now, the batteries seem to have recovered nicely. So, a slap on the wrist for me for not charging enough during the darker months.

I should know better!

Edited by Nightwatch