Let The Madness Commence. April 12th.

Victor Vectis

Featured Posts

I'm off to to boat next week.

I phoned a local boatyard to check they would be open for diesel. They are also a hire base.

They said "Best not call in on Monday, we've 10 boats going out".

I suppose it means I might get some help through the locks.

16 minutes ago, Tonka said:

is that when you can stay overnight on the boat ?

You are allowed to overnight in self contained accommodation so I suspect a boat fits into that.    However on campsites communal facilities have to be closed so not sure what that would mean for elsan points.  We have guests in the holiday let from Monday.

4 minutes ago, Jerra said:

You are allowed to overnight in self contained accommodation so I suspect a boat fits into that.    However on campsites communal facilities have to be closed so not sure what that would mean for elsan points.  We have guests in the holiday let from Monday.

There has been an update on 8th april we received. Toilet blocks and elsan points can open. The only no go at first is showers which should remain closed, we havnt got any here so its of no consequence to us. I think every holiday let in the uk will be booked out very shortly. Here we are turning away umpteen campers every day on most weekends that have been fully booked now for weeks. Weekdays will soon be full or as near as damn it. 

Just now, mrsmelly said:

There has been an update on 8th april we received. Toilet blocks and elsan points can open. The only no go at first is showers which should remain closed, we havnt got any here so its of no consequence to us. I think every holiday let in the uk will be booked out very shortly. Here we are turning away umpteen campers every day on most weekends that have been fully booked now for weeks. Weekdays will soon be full or as near as damn it. 

Not having a campsite we must have missed the update.   The last I heard from a campsite must have been before the 8/4/21 update.

• Greenie 1

17 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

There has been an update on 8th april we received. Toilet blocks and elsan points can open.

Any chance of a link ?

Spoke with the marina yestrday and they said we are 'good to go' but the facilities are unlikely to be open.

I see the caravan club have announced it but I cannot find any official notification.

Last updated 9 April 2021

Following the recent Government announcements, we are very pleased to be able to provide a further update on our Club campsite network including reopening dates and the use of shared facilities.

Please see the below sections for the specific details about each country.

We appreciate your patience and understanding and we will continue to review our UK Club campsite network in line with Government advice as it is announced.

We are working really hard to ensure as many campsites as possible can reopen these facilities on 12 April, however due to time constraints and operational issues not all campsites will have toilets and shared washing and cleaning facilities open on 12 April. Please continue to check our list of campsites below.

Should this guidance change, we will advise members accordingly. The current provisional date for reopening showers is 17 May 2021, however, this will be dependent on further Government guidance. For the latest updates about our on-site social areas, please read our Coronavirus FAQs.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Any chance of a link ?

Spoke with the marina yestrday and they said we are 'good to go' but the facilities are unlikely to be open.

Its up int t office will have a look. If you look on the big campsites webpages such as Caravan and motorhome club they have also announced opening of toilet blocks and update on april 8th. Also openeing communal washing up areas etc just not shower blocks.

Just now, mrsmelly said:

Its up int t office will have a look. If you look on the big campsites webpages such as Caravan and motorhome club they have also announced opening of toilet blocks and update on april 8th. Also openeing communal washing up areas etc just not shower blocks.

Thankyou , 'official' instructions from the Government would be helpful, rather than just 'the caravan club are doing it'.

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Thankyou , 'official' instructions from the Government would be helpful, rather than just 'the caravan club are doing it'.

Lol, we got the update last week, it didnt realy effect us but I think it was issued on the 8th or 9th so only just. I am not in tut office today. There is so much stuff on line know that contradicts as stuff is perpetualy being updated!!

• Greenie 1

12 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The caravan club have rigidly stuck to the rules throughout. To the point that at one time I couldn't even visit our van in storage, despite other storage facilities allowing it.

I would say they are a pretty safe indicator of what is allowed and what isn't.

35 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/the-visitor-economy?utm_source=UKH+CV19+-+update+email&utm_campaign=c932e95822-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_8_7_2020_12_58_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5608eb3d21-c932e95822-57372662

• Greenie 1

Someone's started early around here. A (private) narrowboat just went past our house. Possibly the first one this year, though there was a cabin cruiser moored at the village staithe last weekend.

8 minutes ago, Athy said:

Someone's started early around here. A (private) narrowboat just went past our house. Possibly the first one this year, though there was a cabin cruiser moored at the village staithe last weekend.

A few from my mooring have been out for a day or so. A couple of hire boats have wandered past too.

I may be out next week, though I'd rather not, but my wife's got stuff to do in May so if we're going to have an early trip it's then or never. Just hope it stops snowing.

it was the 8th then. We have a company that keeps us up to date daily with any changes to legislation, its a small fee but they look up the latest crap so we are ahead of the game. Anyway its all systems go for monday in the sub zero temperatures ?

34 minutes ago, Athy said:

We have had a steady stream (2 or 3 a day) of marina moored boats going past our house and returning over a day later for the last couple of weeks. ?

Edited by cuthound
Clarification

19 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

it was the 8th then. We have a company that keeps us up to date daily with any changes to legislation, its a small fee but they look up the latest crap so we are ahead of the game. Anyway its all systems go for monday in the sub zero temperatures ?

It's incredible isn't it? A whole industry seems to have sprung up around how to 'work safely in a pandemic'. Whether it be a camp site or a TV production company making a documentary. I can see people with vested interests not wanting this pandemic to go away.

4 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Thanks Athy, I asked because I am based in Wales so forget what applies to England.

Fair enough.

Betws-y-\Coed; does the Welsh Highland Railway go through there? Is it running again yet?

1 minute ago, cuthound said:

We have had a steady stream (2 or 3 a day) of marina moored boats going past our house for the last couple of weeks. ?

That's good news. Here, we'd rarely exceed that number even in summer!

Just now, cuthound said:

We have had a steady stream (2 or 3 a day) of marina moored boats going past our house for the last couple of weeks. ?

Day trips have been allowed since 29th March when the stay at home guidance was lifted.  Overnight stays are allowed from Monday 12th April in England.

Just now, TheBiscuits said:

Day trips have been allowed since 29th March when the stay at home guidance was lifted.  Overnight stays are allowed from Monday 12th April in England.

I know, that is why I clarified my post seconds after first issuing it.