Licence Renewal

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

As I’ve been asleep for the majority of the last twelve months or so, could someone answer this for me?

Last year because of the first lockdown we were awarded a months extension on annual license. Do we know if there’s a months extension this time around?

Much abliged.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

As I’ve been asleep for the majority of the last twelve months or so, could someone answer this for me?

Last year because of the first lockdown we were awarded a months extension on annual license. Do we know if there’s a months extension this time around?

Much abliged.

Typical of us boaters, always want everything for nothing.   :cheers:

16 minutes ago, Slim said:

No?.

I received my 'free month' which then took me into the 21/22 year on renewal so my benefit was effectively diminished. 

I've heard a few people complain about this and find it very odd.

CRT gave a free month, but after feedback from some boaters  also allowed you to donate it back to them.

If you felt like you had lost out by rolling into the next price year you could have given your 8% discount back to avoid the 2% increase ...

Edited by TheBiscuits
spellink
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Typical of us boaters, always want everything for nothing.   :cheers:

A bit harsh if you’re being serious with your derogative remark. Just wanted to know when to pay, that’s all.

As an add on general question, we like to pay a full amount annually, I realise the ‘pay in full discount’ is diminishing at a rate of knots, what is it at presently? I have read somewhere that CRT would like us all on monthly DD payments. Not my preferred way to pay, is there plans to charge over the amount for annual payers?

1 minute ago, Nightwatch said:

As an add on general question, we like to pay a full amount annually, I realise the ‘pay in full discount’ is diminishing at a rate of knots, what is it at presently? I have read somewhere that CRT would like us all on monthly DD payments. Not my preferred way to pay, is there plans to charge over the amount for annual payers?

No, the cheapest way to get a licence is to pay in full upfront but do it online.

You currently get 2.5% discount for doing it online and 2.5% discount for prepayment or automatic payment.

Just now, TheBiscuits said:

No, the cheapest way to get a licence is to pay in full upfront but do it online.

You currently get 2.5% discount for doing it online and 2.5% discount for prepayment or automatic payment.

Is that 5% or 2.5% either way. It’s not due until the end of June so have a little time to get myself settled.

9 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

A bit harsh if you’re being serious with your derogative remark. Just wanted to know when to pay, that’s all.

Doing monthly Direct Debits actually costs a business quite a lot of money.

On our business account we have to pay for every transaction going in or out of the account.

Direct debits are charged at 35p each (irrespective of value).

If 30,000 boates make one transaction (paying the licence fee in 'one go') C&RT lose £10,500 per annum in bank charges.

If 30,000 boaters pay on a monthly direct debit then C&RT will be paying  (30,000 x 12 x 0.35) £126,000 in bank charges.

To any one with a brain - its a no-brainer !

Manage Charges | NatWest

Click on business account charges.

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Happy 1

3 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Could never see the advantage to CRT preferring monthly DD. Perhaps I read it incorrectly.

Surely it's not a question of preference; rather, it's to make things easier for people who would have difficulty finding the annual fee all at once, rather like the old "hire purchase" which I don't think exists any more.

24 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Surely it was far more detailed than necessary, a simple 'NO' would have fully conveyed the situation, without the need for all the 'fluffy stuff' that served no purpose.

It might have been longer but someone came to the door ? . I didn't even add the usual haggis at the end.

Oh to be boating with no interruptions. Not long till we see kelpie again - next Friday all being well. 

haggis

• Happy 1

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

Surely it's not a question of preference; rather, it's to make things easier for people who would have difficulty finding the annual fee all at once, rather like the old "hire purchase" which I don't think exists any more.

True. We would rather, because we are fortunate enough to be able to, pay for the year all in one.

I visited a pet shop that sold birds. The ones on the lower level were going cheap. The African Parrots were offered on a credit system. I asked why, the owner said they are on Higher Perches! 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

True. We would rather, because we are fortunate enough to be able to, pay for the year all in one.

I visited a pet shop that sold birds. The ones on the lower level were going cheap. The African Parrots were offered on a credit system. I asked why, the owner said they are on Higher Perches! 

And whereabouts were the Norwegian Blues' (the ones with the lovely plumage) ?

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:
1 hour ago, haggis said:

No, there isn't.

A short, clear and accurate answer.

You'll never make it in politics!

Yes there is.

That was a straight up and easily found out lie. I could go all the way to the top in politics.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

I thought Scotland was supposed to be closed until 26th April ... No travel outside local authority boundaries, including going to England.

Yes, it is :-). We will get into our car beside our house and not stop or get out of it till we reach Tebay where the dog will have a short  socially distanced pee stop. Next stop, kelpie. Yes,  we are not  following the guidance (or is it science?) but having been living like hermits for so long, I don't think we will infect anyone. Between us we have had 3 vaccinations ? 

haggis

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

Have they moved the Kelpies to England now ?

Don't know. We are not allowed to go and see them as they are in the next county!

haggs

Edited by haggis