Rod Stewart buys narrow boat

Dav and Pen

Featured Posts

25 minutes ago, Dav and Pen said:

Apparently Rod has brought his wife Penny a narrow boat for her 50th birthday. She wanted something to pass the time and slow down! They have a river by the estate so no mooring problem

Is it the Lee?

13 minutes ago, cuthound said:

I wonder if it is called Maggie May? ??

(well so many boats are called a girls name May aren't they.

As long as they don't attempt an Atlantic Crossing in it.

• 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Is it really you, Rod? I need a reason to believe it is, and not just another forumite in disguise. If it is a disguise, you wear it well ;) 

Well he did join the forum just after he bought the boat.

The only problem I can see going down it in September is it's the end of the Ribble Crossing season, and Have you ever seen the rain up there at that time of year.

Edited by matty40s
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Rod Stewart said:

Rod here.

Me and Penny want to do the Lancaster canal in late September but are confused about the Ribble link and in particular Savick brook. Penny assures me it'll be fine, with plenty of water. She tells me the first cut is the deepest, though she does have misgivings about the half tide barrier and stormy waters. 

Mrs Rod wants to park at Penny Street basin, whilst I am attracted to the Lune aqueduct. All we need is a friend to lend a guiding hand.

Can you hear me? Can you hear me?

Anyway, I don't want to talk about it. Thanks for all the help. You're in my heart. X

Brilliant 

36 minutes ago, matty40s said:

The only problem I can see going down it in September is it's the end of the Ribble Crossing season, and Have you ever seen the rain up there at that time of year.

Many boats manage it every year, some guys have all the luck when sailing

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Rod Stewart said:

Rod here.

Me and Penny want to do the Lancaster canal in late September but are confused about the Ribble link and in particular Savick brook. Penny assures me it'll be fine, with plenty of water. She tells me the first cut is the deepest, though she does have misgivings about the half tide barrier and stormy waters. 

Mrs Rod wants to park at Penny Street basin, whilst I am attracted to the Lune aqueduct. All we need is a friend to lend a guiding hand.

Can you hear me? Can you hear me?

Anyway, I don't want to talk about it. Thanks for all the help. You're in my heart. X

You will be fine in September but it might rain so take an old raincoat that won't let you down.

It is easy to miss the entrance to Savick Brook, so I'll PM you a photo, every picture tells a story. If you get it wrong there will never be a dull moment.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

He could do it in summer. Then penny will have hot leg's. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2023 at 11:13, rusty69 said:

Love you Rod. Love your song 'sailing by', one of my all time favs. 

Always good to see new faces. 

I think you meant "Sailing". "Sailing By" is a Ronald Binge classic which some of our older members will remember as the theme music for the late night BBC shipping forecast.

A beautiful piece of of music that makes me picture a sailing tall ship.  An excellent piece to play loudly through Harecastle or Standedge tunnels.

• Greenie 1