Cheap widebeam shell

David Mack

Featured Posts

31 minutes ago, James Owen said:

Words fail me...to think people buy these, for strong money, and then only for them to continue living for years afterwards...there really is no justice.

The word 'soulless' springs to mind...

Luckily someone will see out of the 'cwdf box' and fix it up.

It does look like a good opportunity for someone. But I wonder why it hasn't sold over the last ten years. A few years ago there was a Springer shell advertised for sale: someone had bought in new and put it in a shed, where it had stayed while he spent 20 years or so failing to start fitting it out. Perhaps this is a similar circumstance. The advert does suggest that it may have been started but then stripped bare again.

Edited by Athy

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

The advert does suggest that it may have been started but then stripped bare again.

And it also says it had a fire, but the damage and the affected metalwork has been replaced.

Maybe it was almost fitted out after 10 years work, then the fire meant everything had to be stripped out and the owner gave up.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And it also says it had a fire, but the damage and the affected metalwork has been replaced.

Maybe it was almost fitted out after 10 years work, then the fire meant everything had to be stripped out and the owner gave up.

Yes, I read that bit, but wondered about its veracity: usually, when a boat has suffered a fire, there's twisted or deformed metal which is plain to see, which there isn't here. But in any case, it has the makings of a spacious and affordable family home for people who like widebeam craft.

3 minutes ago, Athy said:

Yes, I read that bit, but wondered about its veracity: usually, when a boat has suffered a fire, there's twisted or deformed metal which is plain to see, which there isn't here. But in any case, it has the makings of a spacious and affordable family home for people who like widebeam craft.

They have replaced the affected metalwork.

The roof has been replaced with 'full size sheets' 

THE BOAT SUFFERED AN INTERIOR FIRE IN LATE 2020

AND HAS BEEN FULLY STRIPPED OUT

ALL MINOR DEFECTS IN THE ROOF

HAVE BEEN PROFESSIONALLY REPLACED

WITH NEW FULL SIZE STEEL SHEETS

10 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

They have replaced the affected metalwork.

The roof has been replaced with 'full size sheets' 

Possibly, but doesn't it sound unlikely? Would it be worth their while?

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Yes.

Buy it from the insurers as a right-off for £2k

Spend £5k (or less)  replacing sheets and stripping out the inside, making-good.

Sell it for  £36k

Worth it ?

"Hell yes" !

26k Alan 

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Yes.

Buy it from the insurers as a right-off for £2k

Spend £5k (or less)  replacing sheets and stripping out the inside, making-good.

Sell it for  £36k

Worth it ?

"Hell yes" !

I see. Yes, that sounds like a good business model - though it's only £26,000 rather than £36,000, the profit is still attractive. Good luck to them.

26 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I would suggest this company bought it as an insurance write off, stripped it and reworked the steel as required https://vymaps.com/GB/Lancashire-Salvage-Recovery-658135704533290/

They are in Blackburn and the boat is in Preston.

But I see its the same phone number, so you are probably right.