Seeking a reasonable paint job for 2000 boat preferably south of Birmingham.

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, Mrs Marguerite Butcher said:

Have an older boat, recently blacked, but need the roof taken back to bare metal, the other paintwork not so much.   Any suggestions please ?

It may be wise to remove your full address from your 'details'.

If you start making posts about being on your boat, then those 'naughty people' will know you are not in your house, and anything could happen.

Suggest change it to 'Fenny Marina'

• Haha 1

Athy must be shopping there.

1 hour ago, Mrs Marguerite Butcher said:

Have an older boat, recently blacked, but need the roof taken back to bare metal, the other paintwork not so much.   Any suggestions please ?

A bit of forum nonsense today, but you will get responses soonest.

Edited by LadyG

2 hours ago, Mrs Marguerite Butcher said:

I'm sure you will get some useful responses, in the meantime I have removed your home address from your public profile 

Good luck

Oxon Boat Painting at  Brinklow did our boat in 2011.  It is lasting well.

Rose Narrowboats at Stretton Stop also do paintwork.

Further South there is a boat painter at Weedon( Grand Union boats??,) and another at high house wharf on the GU. Used to be called Spiderworks I think.

N

5 minutes ago, BEngo said:

Oxon Boat Painting at  Brinklow did our boat in 2011.  It is lasting well.

Rose Narrowboats at Stretton Stop also do paintwork.

Further South there is a boat painter at Weedon( Grand Union boats??,) and another at high house wharf on the GU. Used to be called Spiderworks I think.

N

Steve Furness at Weedon, and Colin Dundas at High House....and yes, us in the middle at Stowe Hill.

A second vote for Oxon Boat painters, do a good job and great on decorative details, but prepare to wait.boat painters get very booked up, Suggest you 'bone up' on the pitfalls of boat painting, - weather, humidity, pain quality etc.

M

What is your definition of reasonable? Remember the old adage, Good, Quick, Cheap - Pick two. Except with painting, good and cheap are not an available option, neither is good and quick, which doesn't leave many.

Welcome to the forum by the way

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies

Is Mike Looby still painting boats at Stocton boat yard. Also what about Banbury, wasn't Oxon boat services using that as well. There is also a pair of painters that use the docks at Calcutt but cannot remember their name.

Thanks to all for the "brilliant" ideas .... all very welcome !  And, having painted the boat ourselves in the past, know some of the pitfalls .....  Hersham NOT a rough area, between "posh" areas, Esher and Weybridge .... just a small village.   Thanks for the tip about home address, by the way, senior moment. Yes, Fenny is a great and secure marina .....lovely people.   

Will chase up the recommendations, as I said, didn't expect a silk purse from a sow's ear somehow !

7 minutes ago, Mrs Marguerite Butcher said:

Thanks to all for the "brilliant" ideas .... all very welcome !  And, having painted the boat ourselves in the past, know some of the pitfalls .....  Hersham NOT a rough area, between "posh" areas, Esher and Weybridge .... just a small village.   Thanks for the tip about home address, by the way, senior moment. Yes, Fenny is a great and secure marina .....lovely people.   

Will chase up the recommendations, as I said, didn't expect a silk purse from a sow's ear somehow !

Hersham was considered rough compared to where I was bought up. East Molesey in the 1960's and 1970's